Sidechain Compresson in 1.1

Write guides and how-tos about LMMS for other members.
Thanks umcaruje - this seems to work for me. Just trying to understand why this is different from musikbear's tutorial. Are these two different approaches or is something missing from musikbear's or am I missing something? coz I couldn't get it to work when I tried following the tutorial... any clues?
Umcaruje, your method is great!... But it doesn't completely work for me. There's always a little click when the sidechaining is supposed to happen, even when the Peak Controller's Attack and the Compressor's Attack are set to the lowest possible value.
@avery: the click is happening because LMMS still does not have sample-exactness in controls. That's coming in 1.2 for native plugins only, because ladspa does not support sample-exactness IIRC. The solution to your click problem is to add a bit of attack on your compressor, instead of removing it.

When LMMS 1.2 comes, it'll be the best to use an amplifier plugin + a peak controller for sidechaining, but for now, the Calf Sidechain Compressor is your best choice.

@bubbles can you link to that tutorial of musikbears?
umcaruje wrote:@avery: the click is happening because LMMS still does not have sample-exactness in controls. That's coming in 1.2 for native plugins only, because ladspa does not support sample-exactness IIRC. The solution to your click problem is to add a bit of attack on your compressor, instead of removing it.

When LMMS 1.2 comes, it'll be the best to use an amplifier plugin + a peak controller for sidechaining, but for now, the Calf Sidechain Compressor is your best choice.

@bubbles can you link to that tutorial of musikbears?
Oh, that makes sense, thanks.
I hadn't tried the above, so with due respect I can't comment yet, but as I was searching through YouTube I found this one worked for me at least: https://youtu.be/4e_if3-fGso