What if Export is inferior to playback? Heres what I do.

Write guides and how-tos about LMMS for other members.
[Moved from General chat to Tutorials]

Sometimes when you play a song in your LMMS, it sounds good. But when you click the export, and you play it in your media player of choice, it doesnt sound the same as what you are hearing when you are playing the song through song-editor. There are distortions and there was that loud ass clipping from a malfunctioning plug-in that does not show up when playing in LMMS itself. But only on export.

My last resort is using Audacity. It is free and open source software so you have no problem in getting a pirated version.

So, you don't need to open or download external plug-ins unless you don't have this audio driver called Windows WASAPI, which is used for loopback recording.
  • First, we open the program of course.
  • Then in the customizable/movable GUI commands above the screen, locate for the Audio Host (microphone icon), Recording device, Recording Channels, and output device (speaker icon)
  • The default in Audio Host is Windows DirectSound for some reason, the recording device default is [driver name], can be something like Realtek] then the default output is Speakers ([Driver name], e.g. "Realtek (R) Audio")
Change the following:

1. Prepare the Sample Rate (located near the status bar below.) before recording. Change the default 44.1Khz to something else you usually set on your LMMS export settings (make sure the sample rate is currently supported by your driver)

2. Change Windows DirectSound :arrow: Windows WASAPI

3. Change Microphone [driver name] :arrow: Speakers [driver name] (loopback) Take note that you must find other drivers the one with "loopback".

4. Done. Click the record icon. You must first click record in Audacity before hitting play in LMMS song editor.

I am not sure about the other combinations. I did a few research that WASAPI has high quality recording. If you think some info has to be added or corrected, comment down below. tyia.
Oy! Nice info.
brandystarbrite wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 4:06 am
Oy! Nice info.
I'm glad you found it useful :)
vortexsupernova wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 7:04 am
I used to use Audacity, way back when LMMS had export-issues, so this may be useful still- I moved your topic to Tutorials👍
musikbear wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:45 pm
vortexsupernova wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 7:04 am
I used to use Audacity, way back when LMMS had export-issues, so this may be useful still- I moved your topic to Tutorials👍
Thanks for fixing and approving, it was glitched out when it was not approved yet
Great post! I just love it
This could be useful. Thanks for sharing!