Music Hacker - Webshow of LMMS and music tutorials

Write guides and how-tos about LMMS for other members.
I feel lazy about not mentioning this when I've done almost two seasons worth now. Anyway, I've basically been running a webshow centered around LMMS and "musc hacking" in general. The entire first season was 100% LMMS tuts(it was actually called Advanced LMMS then,) but a few of the episodes of the second season branch out into Audacity, Jack, and other pieces of software. I almost feel like disowning some of these tuts because I've learned so much since and they seem awful now, but I think a lot of them can still be helpful, especially the ones after the show picked up and things got going.

First Season: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... e=view_all
Second Season: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... e=view_all

Oh yea, and I'm doing a mailbag/Q&A for part of the season finale of season 2, on episode 15.
Thank you!

That's some effort you've put into making this.
Hey LazerBlade! remember me? thanks for telling e about the LMMS forums I had no idea they existed :P
Have you heard of a new-ish genre called complextro? It would be awesome if you made tuts for that genre, its really hard to make.
Yo cre8live welcome to the LMMS forums! I :D was hoping some members of the Music Hacker community would follow me here. I remember hearing a track I liked and seeing it labeled as Complextro, but I don't remember the sound. Now I'm going to add it to my subject list and start trying to find it again.
Update:

After a year I have finally released my last Music Hacker episode. While I am sad to see the show go, I now feel free from the stress it sometimes provided. Anyway, I have left the community with about eight hours of tuts, so I feel like I have done some part in giving back to and helping the community. I hope you all benefited from the show, and wish you all happy music hacking.
I'm really sad to see the show go, i remeber the nights I would come home tired from work and kinda wanting to go to bed, but then I would see you had a new episode out so I would put on a pot of coffee, watch the epsiode, and spend the rest of the night working on apply the techniques you would teach.

As far as my first track, I want it to be perfect, I've been playing around with techniques so much that I haven't actually started anything yet. I just got trial copies of Massive and Toxic to play around with as well as Synth1, Oatmeal, and Noisemaker. I had a really nice sounding 4 bar moobahton track started but I didn't really know where to go from there :/.

Looking forward to future track/tuts! :D

P.S.

Complextro is a dubstep like composure style, you really only ever use 3 notes, but a single bar can be made up of multiple instruments, here is a great tut for complextro (it's in Logic Pro but i think we will all get the idea ;) )
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjbcMHcGh1w
Wow, I actually had no idea my webshow was that effective. :o

You have to find a balance between putting your best foot forward and throwing yourself in the deep end without any training. I say the best exercise for a new producer like yourself is to just make a track. It will take some doing and probably will not meet your best standards, but you have to remember that it is only a learning experience which you don't have to release publicly. The huge amount of experience and knowledge you will gain from trying to make a few tracks even if they fail horribly is immense. I won't say that your willingness to slow down and take time to make sure you give it a good shot isn't a rare and admirable quality though. 8-)
If you want good examples of Complextro, the best music to look at is by Porter Robinson. He's the one who coined the term in the first place to describe his own music. He said that in Complextro, you make a riff melody by changing the sounds instead of the notes. Lots of sounds in close succession. Here is a tutorial in FL Studio by "Rayzery" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQPmb5B1EBg
bumping this because this is a great series of tutorials