How to create white noise

Write guides and how-tos about LMMS for other members.
White noise is pretty easy to make, so this is for people who are new to creating instruments.(*Cough cough*
me *cough cough*)
  • First, you open LMMS, then open the TripOsc instrument.Image(If you are adding this to an existing project, TripOsc is in the plugins tab, which is the button right by the top left corner of the Song Editor in the pic.)
  • You will see this: Image
  • There will be Osc1, Osc2, and Osc3. Click the button right by the question mark on all three. That is the white noise button
  • Switch to the Env/Lfo tab, click the dropdown that says "LowPass", Then click "Moog".Image
  • The button by the word "Filter" will be off. Click it to turn it on.
  • Turn the Cutoff Frequency to 2000 Hz.(Give or take 100Hz)
There you have it! All you need to do is assign the Cutoff Frequency to a Automation Track, and you're good to go! :D
You can do something similar with SID, too, I've used it for 8-bit ocean noises before. For some reason I've always had a bit of trouble wrapping my head around the triple oscillator, I'll have to try this one out. Thanks!
Foggy wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:08 am
You can do something similar with SID, too, I've used it for 8-bit ocean noises before. For some reason I've always had a bit of trouble wrapping my head around the triple oscillator, I'll have to try this one out. Thanks!
Np!