Can I use intregrated sound card?

Anything that doesn't fit into other topics goes here!
I have a dell laptop with intregrated sound card. I do not have a seperate sound card. Can I use this? I also have Band-in-a-box and it comes with the Roland Sound Canvas soft synth. How can I set up the defaults to automatically use it to play when I import a midi?
You should have no problem using LMMS with any soundcard supported by the operating system you're running. In other words, if you can listen to sound on it, you can use it with LMMS.

I'm not sure whether I understand your second question, but then I never have imported a MIDI, nor am I familiar with the devices you named. Do you mean a MIDI-file, or a MIDI-setup?
My best guess: do you want to make LMMS use the sounds your Roland Sound Canvas soft synth creates?

At the off chance my guess was correct; you can set a MIDI output per instrument in LMMS, by clicking on the instrument label (name). It should open the instrument properties. Below the vol/pan/pitch knobs is a row of tabs : PLUGIN ENV/LFO FUNC FX MIDI. Click on MIDI for the MIDI input and output settings. When you're done, you can click the disk button to save it in your presets directory for quick usage. I'm actually not sure where the default 'new project' originates from - whether it's generated or loaded from a standard system-wide file - so I'm not sure how to set up such a MIDI instrument as a default setting.

Is that in the ball-park :P?
The quality of integrated sound cards seems to vary. But the sound card quality matters at least for sound mixing. Mixing sound on my desktop PC (integrated sound card) is like image processing using a monochrome monitor :-). My laptop does it quite well.

Are there any experiences with separate sound cards (internal or external), especially for mixing? Are there recommendations?