Ochestral: best setup for accents and dynamics

Anything that doesn't fit into other topics goes here!
Okay so I am wondering if I can take a staccato sound font file and a sustained sound-font file and keep them on the same track. What would be the best way to do this? It would be nice when a sound-font needed a different accent which is on a different sound-font, that i could simply flick a button and continue using the piano roll on the same track. Right now I am inputting values and not playing in real time.

Also, is a simple volume fade going to work the way I want it to for dynamics like crescendos? do i have to make it for each instrument that has a crescendo or can I group them and only use one crescendo? Any plugins etc that might help with that?

I think i might switch over to real time playing so the song breathes and sounds less robotic. I am using vst plugin "vestige". Any help is appreciated.

Should I be using something other than LMMS?
You can use SF2-player for soundfonts as well, if you use Vestige, but I also kinda think that you obviously know that :oops:

Nope, they cannot be merged into one track, so you got to do place the different notes in the different tracks. Personally I would make the whole melody in one of them, or even with a piano sound. Then I would clone the track, get the right sounds (sf2-files) and delete the correct notes in the different tracks.

Automate the FX-faders! not the volume knobs. Check and you'll see why.

LMMS can work, if you want examples tell me :)
But other expensive programs do work better I think.
For some VSTs (and I think this may be true for Soundfont controllers), you may be able to change the instrument with the LFO controller. If this is the case, it's possible to use the LFO controller as a pass-through in order to make an automation track work the desired selector. It's a bit of a cheap hack, but allows you to automate some things in LMMS you couldn't otherwise.

Here's the post explaining it, if you didn't catch it before:
https://sourceforge.net/apps/phpbb/lmms ... 73&start=0