LMMS Will Not Run on Widows XP

Anything that doesn't fit into other topics goes here!
Hi
I downloaded the latest LMMS but it will not run on my Windows XP - the message says "the program asked to shut down in an unusual way". Can anyone tell why and help me resolve this problem - I downloaded the 32 bit version
Thanx
owen 71
weird -im running on xp and has no issues at all.
Are your xp updated clean and not pirated?
You can check and try a 'repair xp' -also, You may like to search this forum for 'XP' and see if any of the previous problems other has had, can aid you in finding the reason.
Of the top -Do you run some icq /msn /skype at simultanous with lmms?
then, Shut down all other proggies and try again
Dunno. It works ok for me too. There are a couple of things it could be.

I know my antivirus had problems with a handful of programs when having hardware based protection turned on. (I suppose it's for sandboxing, but the WinXP implementation isn't that good.) Some things just don't work if they can't access memory in a way that's normally expected.

Also it's possible there might be some issue with your soundcard/chipset and associated audio drivers. Could be something simple as a setting that isn't correct or compatible with LMMS.

Then there are plug-ins and VSTs that don't always behave well. Some are known to be unreliable or crashy when used with LMMS. If you load a song that uses them, you'll also keep running into the same problems.

Of course these are some half-educated guesses. Giving us a bit more information about your setup may help.