Music basics

Anything that doesn't fit into other topics goes here!
144 posts
This is great music score software to learn from. The website has plenty of good examples of music.
You can have the score editor play the music, and hear what the notations sound like.
http://musescore.org/

BTW Merry Christmas
Merry Christmas to you too :)

I will have a go at the at that site.

And I wonder about youre remark about this piece of sheetmusic, not beeing acurate.
Its not impoosible that is, one of the reasons why I get lost.

And I am gonna see if I can find a piece of sheet music with numbers above the measures.

Something like this site: https://www.jellynote.com/en/sheet-musi ... %23score_A

Also found this site. I am willing to pay for the sheet music:
http://www.stretta-music.com/en/last-bi ... 00047.html
But then I would like to have some garantee its actual right.
This is a good source of public domain sheet music, and they not electronically transposed midi music.
The piece you have it seems, the only way to get the accurate sheet music is to buy it. There is nothing in the public domain yet.
http://www.free-scores.com/index_uk.php3
Thank you bookmarked that page too.

I have of course been looking myself too.
Found out a few things. This song was only a big hit, in Germany and my country (Netherlands).

I also downloaded a pdf, from that site, and it much better to read, ( that midi tranposed one)
And I will have to check again to be sure, but that not free piece of sheetmusic, seems to be from the real composers.
Finaly making some progress again.
I am now at 112 bpm and that makes life a lot easier. :)
I am slowly making progress.
I was getting frustated, by attemptng to read the sheet music.

When I studied the midi file, it suddenly came to me, why I get lost every time, I try to read that piece of sheet music.
Its the arcs that confuse me. When there are two notes with an arc, its played as one note.

Then I opened up that theory book I found online, to find out, I was right in asuming that, instead of two notes with an arc, you can also write down one longer note.

Now my question. Why would some write down two notes with a narc instead of just one longer note?
Maybe I am missing something, but that arc method, is for me totaly not intuitive.

Write down two notes, play one :o
Gps wrote: Now my question. Why would some write down two notes with a narc instead of just one longer note?
Maybe I am missing something, but that arc method, is for me totaly not intuitive.
Write down two notes, play one :o
Because the note with an arc is held, usually longer than a whole note. and the length of it in the measure, or measures determines how long the note is held. Sometimes it's a whole note in the measure, where you also have other notes in the same measure. But the determining factor is the length of the ark in the measure, or measures for the duration of the note.
I hope I did not confuse you.
Thank you, and you do not confuse me.
The remark about it usual being held longer then a full note, makes sense.

And when listening to the origenal, and what I made in lmms, I think I start to see, why you said that this piece of sheetmucic from a midi file, is not really acurate.
I am starting to develop and headache, and I am getting frustated.
Could some one tell me if its me, or the midi file and the piece of the sheet music on this page are not the same ?
They are not entirely diffrent, but because I also learning how to read sheet music, it totaly confuses me.

http://musicnoteslib.com/tabs/James__Hi ... 27937.html

An example: the Bandneon, three bars of rest and then 15 notes all the same length 1/4 th and the last one 1/8
The midi files is not like that. The notes are the same as in abcdefg but the lenght is not. ( altleast I think so )

I basiclay would like confirmation, if I am reading that piece of sheet music right.
And if I am right that midi file is not 100 % the same?

I can see how this little difference wont be an issue for more experienced musicians, but it confusing the hell out of me,
or I still cant read sheet music. :(

Edit: and something else, which confuses me. The sheet music reads as I state above 1/4 and one 1/8 note.
When I slect this in lmms though, the notes are too long.
Should that not match ?
I am going to answer my own question.
It suddely came to me.

It was something explained to me before, in this topic about sheet music.

To sum it up the piece of sheet music does not change if I set lmms to 2 or to 160 bpm.
How long we can hear a note played though, depends a lot on how much bpm we use. (and some synthesizer settings)

This also made me realize, I might be in over my head with that song of james last I try to cover.
Or maybe I should just not give in. That piece is sheet-music is damn hard for me,

It made me remind a piece of sheet music I once saw, for some pop ( sort of house ) song.
It was including lyrics 1 piece of A4 one sided :P

Compare that to this james last piece. and after the first page, most instrument have not even started yet. :P

Then this specific piece of music, from james, is clearly played by hand.
Dont get me wrong, I love it, but putting that into lmms makes it for me, just starting to understand sheet music, even harder. I believe someone in this topic, warned me about his. I only now realize why that matters so much for this song.

And listening to the midi file in lmms, I have to admit, my ears do agree for the most part.
Some parts are just not exact copies of the mp3.
Less concentrating on of its a 1/8 1/16, but more on how it sounds is the solution.

I also start to wonder how accurate a piece of music like this can be put into sheet music.
About every note is played at a different length.
144 posts