LMMS Portable 1.0.2 Released by PortableApps.com

Anything that doesn't fit into other topics goes here!
Greetings all.

I wanted to let you know that we've packaged and released LMMS as a portable app in PortableApps.com Format. This allows LMMS to be run from a USB drive, cloud drive directory, or local directory without needing to be installed. It keeps all its settings, samples, etc in a single self-contained directory and automatically adjusts the paths in the settings file as you move it around. As with LMMS itself, our portable launcher (LMMSPortable.exe) and the installer it's packaged in are licensed under the GPL and built using all open source tools. The full source for all are available from our site.

We've announced it on our homepage/feed and promoted it to our various social media users. You can download it from the LMMS Portable homepage. It works with or without our PortableApps.com Platform (menu, app store, updater, backup, etc... also GPL).

I hope you like the package. Any suggestions, changes, comments, etc, just let me know.

Best,
John
Thanks for the FYI John.

1600 downloads in a single day? Impressive. :)

tresf wrote:Thanks for the FYI John.

1600 downloads in a single day? Impressive. :)
Sure thing :) We have a pretty large userbase (millions) and quite a few social media followers, so we usually get a fair amount of folks trying out new apps even if they're unfamiliar with them. As this may be some folks first experience with the app, we pay special care to ensure that the app is explained and presented well. And works well, of course.

Hopefully this will help get LMMS even more exposure, users and contributors. It's a really great app and deserves it!
Yay! :D
Nice!
I'm gonna download this now!
Thanks John.
This will definitely come in handy! 8-)
This is what I've been waiting for... Thanks John :D
LMMS portables! :)
This should prove extremely useful to anyone that has multiple systems. Very impressive to see that many Downloads happening so quickly. Just goes to show lmms has a strong (active) following. *waves to all the sound-junkies* 8-)
I have this installed on one of my Pendrives. :)
Gasp!
LMMS portable 1.0.3 was released 7 days ago!! :D
I just found this out a while ago.
Check it out when you have time guys. :D