How to play with both hands, and maybe how to use chords ?

Anything that doesn't fit into other topics goes here!
Thanks for that Gps. I was wondering what that scale box did.

BTW did you also notice that if you set the chord box to say major and then add a new note it actually adds the three notes of that major chord. So add a C and what you get is C, E and G. Add a D and it sets you D, F#, A (and then you notice that F# isn't in the C scale so you change it). Cute eh ?

As for what notes to play, you were right it's more complicated than that. A really simple melody in C will probably start (and end) on a C note but it can then use any of the white notes (notes in the C scale). But the LH need not start on C it could be a chord or anything that sounds good with a C note...G or E are good choices (because they're in the C major chord). Effectively what you're trying to do a lot of the time with the two hands is to put together a good sounding chord across the different instruments. If everything is playing the same note it gets boring really fast.

Steve
I had already seen, that lmms did draw 3 notes, but I was before the music bear tut, totaly lost on how to use that.

And about that left hand, I am 99% sure that this is were my popcorn cover goes wrong. Although I will prob finish that cover one day, for now its resting.
I will get back to it one day, and discuss it on these boards.
One other issue I am having, the hot butter version uses a second melodiy line, which I cant seem to get right, but I don't like that part in their version either.

I am to busy learning the basics on music, but if youre wondering the purple lines in this vid.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nGsxpLGUIc
I do have some ideas about other mistakes I make, but for now no popcorn for me.
Musik bear had even made me a popcorn key demo, but still I messd up.
To play chords with both hands you can play the following formula

Mayor Chords
L.H: 1, 5, 1
R.H: 1, 3, 5

Minor Chords
L.H: 1, 5, 1
R.H: 1, b3, 5

For Major 7
L.H: 1, 5, 7 (For mayor chords)
R.H: 1, 3, 5 (mayor)

For Minor 7
L.H: 1, 5, b7 (For minor chords)
R.H: 1, b3, 5 (minor)

If you like to learn more about chording with both hands check this video tutorial
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jjMqwENJL4