How to split the keyboard for dummies?

Anything that doesn't fit into other topics goes here!
I am very new to MIDI and LMMS in general. I am just one of those people who really enjoy how Manzarek played and how he had his setup. I own 3 60's era Rhodes basses and 2 Continentals and a Gibson. I want to use a plugin that people may know from Arturia to try to see how much of a difference sound wise it is from the real thing and a kind of "sampled" version. I do not know if you can do this on here but I would like to have the Bass on the left side and Vox on the right of the keyboard. I only have one midi keyboard so I do want it on the same one. Is it possible? If so please explain in good detail because like I said I am new.

Thanks!
Vance
Lowrey wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:01 pm
I am very new to MIDI and LMMS in general.
Hi, Welcome to the Forum Lowrey !
Here are all important links:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-A few rules and useful forum instructions
I am just one of those people who really enjoy how Manzarek played
I can tell you, that you are not alone! We are several Doors fans here :)
I own 3 60's era Rhodes basses and 2 Continentals and a Gibson.
WOW!
I would like to have the Bass on the left side and Vox on the right of the keyboard. I only have one midi keyboard so I do want it on the same one. Is it possible?
I am sorry. No there is no way to split the keyboard, between plugins.
In ZynAddSubFX (zasfx) you can have two instruments, but afair, it only works inside zasfx own virtual KB. It is not something i have gone into depth with, because i only use a pc-kb.
We have a enhancement ticket, for live-performance, and split KB is a part of that, but it is not scheduled.
Fan of the doors too here!

Do you use windows, macos or linux?

I think it may be possible under carla.
Thanks everyone!
I am using windows and the keyboard model is a Yamaha ypg 235. Is there other "DAW" that can do that?

Vance
Ok so no carla in win.

Maybe this can be usefull

https://usa.yamaha.com/support/faq/keyboards/8138.html

If the yam keyb send left region with 1 midi channel and the right one with another then you re half done.

You will then have to link you 2 vst with the right midi channel for each.