Who wants admin?

Anything that doesn't fit into other topics goes here!
Until we get rid of PHPBB, we need some admins to help cleanup the boards. We're getting hit with what appears to be part-human Chinese spam on an almost daily basis and our only countermeasure is to clean the forums every day.

https://github.com/LMMS/lmms.io/wiki/Fo ... n-of-Posts

The problem is, these features are only available to forum administrators (not moderators), so I'm offering up admin.

musikBear used to help with this, but with the loss of a moderator plugin he's no longer providing direct help (he does help by letting us know).

So now we need someone else that's on here often to perform the tasks of cleaning up the spam posts.
tresf wrote:
Sat May 06, 2017 1:30 pm
so I'm offering up admin.
If you give me the tools, sure i will help
I love the project, and 'our' small 'tiff' is insignificant.
Just let me know, if you want me.
tresf wrote:
Sat May 06, 2017 1:30 pm
Until we get rid of PHPBB, we need some admins to help cleanup the boards. We're getting hit with what appears to be part-human Chinese spam on an almost daily basis and our only countermeasure is to clean the forums every day.

https://github.com/LMMS/lmms.io/wiki/Fo ... n-of-Posts

The problem is, these features are only available to forum administrators (not moderators), so I'm offering up admin.

musikBear used to help with this, but with the loss of a moderator plugin he's no longer providing direct help (he does help by letting us know).

So now we need someone else that's on here often to perform the tasks of cleaning up the spam posts.
I can't guarantee I'll get to it immediately as it happens, but I'd be happy to help where I can.
@davisjacobym, god mode activated. Proceed with caution. You can literally delete the everything.

Please read the post about mass deletion in the original post. It's a few clicks, but it can purge and IP block the 7-10 spammers we get every other day.
tresf wrote:
Sun May 07, 2017 2:05 am
@davisjacobym, god mode activated. Proceed with caution. You can literally delete the everything.

Please read the post about mass deletion in the original post. It's a few clicks, but it can purge and IP block the 7-10 spammers we get every other day.
Saved it for future reference. Should i change my user info to reflect the admin status and add myself to that group or just leave it be?
Yes, please add yourself. See this is working out already. :)
tresf wrote:
Sun May 07, 2017 5:28 am
Alrighty, definitely will have to get used to the red name. I guess if anyone needs any assistance, just DM me via twitter or the forums and I'll get whatever needs fixing done as soon as I can! (Assuming I don't catch it myself...)
davisjacobym wrote:
Sun May 07, 2017 7:16 am
tresf wrote:
Sun May 07, 2017 5:28 am
Alrighty, definitely will have to get used to the red name. I guess if anyone needs any assistance, just DM me via twitter or the forums and I'll get whatever needs fixing done as soon as I can! (Assuming I don't catch it myself...)
Definitely working out though--they got the bright idea to try doing it as I was online. Quickly banned by IP and deleted.
> Quickly banned by IP and deleted.

Kickass.
davisjacobym wrote:
Mon May 08, 2017 3:01 am
Definitely working out though--they got the bright idea to try doing it as I was online. Quickly banned by IP and deleted.
Savage. XD