Reporting Bot/Spam Attacks

Anything that doesn't fit into other topics goes here!
Alrighty, so as many of you have seen, we have had a frequent string of attacks as of late by Asian spammers/bots in the general chat. I recently have volunteered to help combat these attacks and will be helping in policing these mass-posts. If anyone sees any of these forums, you can contact me directly by DMing me via the forums and I'll get a notification within 5-10 minutes. I can't guarantee they'll be fixed that instant, but I'll make sure I do check it out.

EDIT (July 02, 2018):

Just to clarify some things, I'm rewriting this.

I volunteered about a year ago to combat any spam/bot attacks to the LMMS forums. I might not be as active in posting stuff
here anymore, but I still check in to police these mass-posts.

In regards to reporting these attacks, the fastest way to get ahold of me is through Discord or PM's to my forum account. I get
notifications and will usually respond to these attacks within the hour. If I can't get to it immediately, I'll contact other
admins/moderators who might be able to help and try to get things under control as soon as humanly possible.

That being said, I don't need a full text transcription of what the post says. Usually just including a link to the post will suffice.
Also, just because a post is in a language other than English, it doesn't always mean that it is a spam attack. Feel free to
contact me and I'll do what investigating I can before I police the topic.

Lastly, if you see a spammy post, just report it and leave it at that. You do not need to comment or acknowledge the post at all.
Just report it and call it good.

Again, the fastest way to get ahold of me is on the LMMS Discord Server. There is a custom role tag (@JD) that will notify me
immediately. Given that I work, I might not respond immediately, but I'll get to it as soon as possible. If you tag the text of the
tag turns black, you've tagged me in the correct way to push it directly to my lock screens on my phone and iPad.

DO NOT REPLY TO THIS THREAD TO REPORT SPAM ATTACKS! I don't get notifications from thread responses.
davisjacobym wrote:
Mon May 08, 2017 3:51 am
Alrighty, so as many of you have seen, we have had a frequent string of attacks as of late by Asian spammers/bots in the general chat. I recently have volunteered to help combat these attacks and will be helping in policing these mass-posts. If anyone sees any of these forums, you can contact me directly by DMing me via the forums and I'll get a notification within 5-10 minutes. I can't guarantee they'll be fixed that instant, but I'll make sure I do check it out.
Just an update, I now have my discord up and running on my phone again. If you see any spam, feel free to message me there or via the LMMS discord server. The other admins who use the Discord more frequently will be able to respond more quickly than I will during the weekdays.
Jacoby Davis wrote:
Mon May 15, 2017 3:27 am
davisjacobym wrote:
Mon May 08, 2017 3:51 am
Just an update, I now have my discord up and running on my phone again. If you see any spam, feel free to message me there or via the LMMS discord server. The other admins who use the Discord more frequently will be able to respond more quickly than I will during the weekdays.
If any unauthorized/abnormal edits to posts occur, let me know immediately. We recently had a post by a new user get hijacked by Vietnamese text, and I'd rather deal with those issues accordingly. I've updated my profile's contact info so people can find me on Discord.
And peeps, what ever you do do, do NOT N O T post any what so ever reposts of any kind AT ALL!
Its also mentioned in the rules..
Leave all actions to Mods. Only report! Thats what the button is for....
musikbear wrote:
Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:07 pm
And peeps, what ever you do do, do NOT N O T post any what so ever reposts of any kind AT ALL!
Its also mentioned in the rules..
Leave all actions to Mods. Only report! Thats what the button is for....
Wait does this include copied example text and likes. Do I need to go stand in the corner in shame now?
Wait does this include copied example text and likes. Do I need to go stand in the corner in shame now?
Take what he writes with a grain of salt, please. :mrgreen:
Just to clarify some things, I'm rewriting this.

I volunteered about a year ago to combat any spam/bot attacks to the LMMS forums. I might not be as active in posting stuff here anymore, but I still check in to police these mass-posts.

In regards to reporting these attacks, the fastest way to get ahold of me is through Discord or PM's to my forum account. I get notifications and will usually respond to these attacks within the hour. If I can't get to it immediately, I'll contact other admins/moderators who might be able to help and try to get things under control as soon as humanly possible.

That being said, I don't need a full text transcription of what the post says. Usually just including a link to the post will suffice. Also, just because a post is in a language other than English, it doesn't always mean that it is a spam attack. Feel free to contact me and I'll do what investigating I can before I police the topic.

Lastly, if you see a spammy post, just report it and leave it at that. You do not need to comment or acknowledge the post at all. Just report it and call it good.

Again, the fastest way to get ahold of me is on the LMMS Discord Server. There is a custom role tag (@JD) that will notify me immediately. Given that I work, I might not respond immediately, but I'll get to it as soon as possible. If you tag the text of the tag turns black, you've tagged me in the correct way to push it directly to my lock screens on my phone and iPad.

DO NOT REPLY TO THIS THREAD TO REPORT SPAM ATTACKS! I don't get notifications from thread responses.
lately many people have been complaining about spm attacks
Don't worry guys. They are being dealt with. If you see any, just report them immediately.
Roger roger... spam isn't rare in this forum. Let's react immediately!