Am I allowed to?

Anything that doesn't fit into other topics goes here!
Short question:
When I collab with somebody, I usually send him the samples I used in a folder, these sampels are all free.
Is this against the law?
ACYDE Music wrote:
Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:12 am
I usually send him the samples I used in a folder, these sampels are all free.
Is this against the law?
in fact that question cant be answered. As is with all 'law' questions, it would be different in different counties. It all comes down to how to define 'redistributing'
Some 'free samples' are 'free' on a specific page, but the uploader hopes for clicks on his adverbs, or as like. So 'free' from source, not 'free' from 'anywhere'/ anyone.
The short answer would be
Legal if the samples are C0
Ok, thanks for the quick answer :)
I think I wouldn't be sued about that :D
ACYDE Music wrote:
Short question:
When I collab with somebody, I usually send him the samples I used in a folder, these sampels are all free.
Is this against the law?
Each sample maker licenses their samples differently, US copyright law isn't broadly applicable becuase of this. Some are OK with redistribution/modification (like me, and my Hugsylvanians), others, decidely less so. If you check the site or the README of the samples you have, you should find out.
mrlmmsguy wrote:
ACYDE Music wrote:
Short question:
Is this against the law?
Each sample maker licenses their samples differently, US copyright law isn't broadly applicable becuase of this. Some are OK with redistribution/modification (like me, and my Hugsylvanians), others, decidely less so. If you check the site or the README of the samples you have, you should find out.
Ok, thanks :)