I always wondered... Okay, started wondering today.

Anything that doesn't fit into other topics goes here!
If LMMS 0.5 were in development stage, do you think that some plugins would be removed? I mean, Plucked String was removed... I don't want PatMan to be removed and I have a slight feeling that people find it boring.X3 I wanna know three things:
1) What are you favorite plugins and why?
2) What are the plugins you don't use?
3) Do you think the next release of LMMS should come with less old plugins and more new plugins or should it keep the current plugins and add more without removing?
This isn't a trouble to be shoot, I just want to know. In my opinion:
1) I like TripleOscilator, it's very versatile and sounds very good. I also like FreeBoy, PatMan and SID, because I love old school game music and these plugins are amazing for chiptune and tracker music.
2) I barely use BitInvader, I dislike it's sound, though is versatile. Same thing to Mallets, I think it's sound can be easily achieved by the use of samples. VesTIge is veeeery good and I like the idea of LMMS playing a large range of sounds (samples, soundfonts, VSTs and GUS patches), but I don't use too much.
3) I think it could be a easy-to-solve problematic if the older versions of LMMS were kept. So, if someone dislike the new features or miss the older features, he can always download the older versions.
it would be unfourtunate if plugins from ealier versions vere unable to work with new versions of lmms. wheater or not future versions of lmms will be equibed with all the plugins we have now is not a serious isue, as long as it is posible to insert older plugins in newer versions.
Eg , when you update -always make a copy of your plugin lib.
-as for the most important default plugin, i would have to vote for zynAddSubFX
Br.
yure16 wrote:If LMMS 0.5 were in development stage, do you think that some plugins would be removed? I mean, Plucked String was removed...
Was this a plugin or a preset? If it was a preset, which one's? Was this removed between 0.4.9 to 0.410 or from some other version update?
Please pardon the barrage of questions, just want to know what to backup. :geek:

Agreed that if anything is removed, it would be great if it still worked in a newer version.

What about a dedicated thread that only lists items removed?