2017 update of all time best free-ware synths

Anything that doesn't fit into other topics goes here!
50 best free-ware synth All-time, as of 2017 has been picked by the German Synth-site amazona. Observe that Synth1 has a astonishing 9. place !
All time 9. !

https://www.amazona.de/top-50-freeware- ... izer-2017/

One thing:
Remember fewer known in depth is better than many not known, when it comes to VSTs
(imo:)
Thanks for the link!
Will definetly take a look at some of these synths :)
Good find bear. :D
Synth 1 in 9th place = Yay! :D
I'll definitely check it out tomorrow.
In my opinion, the best free vst synthesizers:

https://youtu.be/E29VIWOzJPo

Best regards,
Soundsaar Music Studio
Thanks Music bear. :)

Strange zynaddsubfx is ranked so low. Maybe its because its not an easy synth?
Gps wrote: Strange zynaddsubfx is ranked so low. Maybe its because its not an easy synth?
Yes, im sure thats the reason
zasfx is amazing, but the learning curve seams to have no peak. Just a climb in strange abbreviations, and math
Soundsaar wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:00 am
In my opinion, the best free vst synthesizers:
Yes good selection, but several of these wont run in lmms. Crystal for one, and that one should properly have been No 1..
Its secrets are however 'zasfx'ish' : Very deeply hidden, and quite difficult to grasp.

Besides that, since you are new here Welcome to the forum Soundsaar ! Here are all our important links:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-And a few rules for Avatars, signatures, posting and using the right sub-forum :)
If you like to introduce yourself, to the community:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4480
musikbear wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:38 pm
Gps wrote: Strange zynaddsubfx is ranked so low. Maybe its because its not an easy synth?
Yes, im sure thats the reason
zasfx is amazing, but the learning curve seams to have no peak. Just a climb in strange abbreviations, and math
Slowly I am starting to get some feel for synthesizers like synth1 and the minimooq also in that top 50.

Zynaddsubfx however.

And their manual is not helping at all. Its boring. ( I have already twice started reading it )

I have a technical background, I can understand why we need to understand some stuff about waves and all, but why a manual of a synth has to start, with just physics is beyond me.

Explain how to make a sound, and then give the theory. ( end of rant :P )