Any female producers/aspiring producers/hobbyists out there?

Anything that doesn't fit into other topics goes here!
Probably even more memorable than any workshops.
PPNDP wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:21 am
... and probably less theoretically instructive :lol:
D.Ipsum wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:07 pm
PPNDP wrote:
Less theoretical the better. When I see instructions in manuals and textbooks on any music production, the application of that takes ages. The same with lectures, any spoken world - way better. And I don't know how people learned music production before yt tutorials (or it's more my ignorance). :D
PPNDP wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:01 pm
D.Ipsum wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:13 pm
Indeed, females are a minority in the field. Does it affect you?
Not really with making electronic music. There are fora and tutorials. So, I don't need anyone in this aspect.
But when I was looking for girls to make a band in my high school - definitely, there was a problem.
There are some collabs like Discwoman or Siren and in the future, I would like to meet other musicians to create collective like that or an electronic act playing live.
Also, I was just curious, more from social reasons. As I feel a bit like a weirdo among 'normal' females when I say to them that I spend all my free time making 'weird' sounds. It's just this blabla 'I don't have any bffs who have the same hobby as me' talk.

Eh, this topic is hopeless. On the other forum, people told me that I am the just creepy guy who pretends to be a girl lol....
I am a man and you should see most peoples faces, when I tell them I make music. I don't seem to be the type that makes music, but still I do.

Dont't care too much about what other people think / say. ;)
Gps wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:00 pm
PPNDP wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:01 pm
D.Ipsum wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:13 pm
Indeed, females are a minority in the field. Does it affect you?
Not really with making electronic music. There are fora and tutorials. So, I don't need anyone in this aspect.
But when I was looking for girls to make a band in my high school - definitely, there was a problem.
There are some collabs like Discwoman or Siren and in the future, I would like to meet other musicians to create collective like that or an electronic act playing live.
Also, I was just curious, more from social reasons. As I feel a bit like a weirdo among 'normal' females when I say to them that I spend all my free time making 'weird' sounds. It's just this blabla 'I don't have any bffs who have the same hobby as me' talk.

Eh, this topic is hopeless. On the other forum, people told me that I am the just creepy guy who pretends to be a girl lol....
I am a man and you should see most peoples faces, when I tell them I make music. I don't seem to be the type that makes music, but still I do.

Dont't care too much about what other people think / say. ;)
Yeah, I agree. Generally, the perception of people making anything as a 'hobby' is very often considered as something weird.
Especially electronic music or nything related to computers.
I don't really care about that because I am overall. satisfied with my life...
But still, I miss some social aspects of my hobby, such as talking about music with people in real life.
I am making music for fun, I just like spending free time looking for vsts, digging in samples, experimenting with DAWs etc...
So, i am not even talking about it with any of my friends, colleagues at work or university.
It's very rare (at least in my surroundings) to have a hobby besides watching Netflix and hanging out with friends.
PPNDP wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:15 pm
D.Ipsum wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:07 pm
PPNDP wrote:
Less theoretical the better. When I see instructions in manuals and textbooks on any music production, the application of that takes ages. The same with lectures, any spoken world - way better. And I don't know how people learned music production before yt tutorials (or it's more my ignorance). :D

I find that oral and direct transmission between four ears is the best learning medium.
PPNDP wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:23 pm
Hi,
Maybe it's a stupid question but are there any females on this forum?
I would like to get in touch as I have never met any other girl using DAW. My musical friends were playing instruments: violin, piano, or they were singing - but usually, they did not like electronic music, not to mention using any form of DAW.
As I am struggling to find any other girls who produce music and groups like 'female producers' on Facebook are totally dead I am curious maybe here are you hiding?
I wrote on another forum too but no one is responding...
Or maybe it's like with my friend who had a band but she told me that she 'grew out of making music' and has focused on career and making babies...well. I think you can do both and it was really stupid what she said.
Maybe if you are not a female producer, do you know any in the real life? Someone, I can contact? They don't have to do music in LMMS.
Cheers,
Agnes
Hi! I'm also a girl. Didn't think any other female producers existed tbh haha xD I'm a complete beginner though. What about you?
PlsHelpMeNøtSuck wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:58 pm
PPNDP wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:23 pm
Hi,
Maybe it's a stupid question but are there any females on this forum?
I would like to get in touch as I have never met any other girl using DAW. My musical friends were playing instruments: violin, piano, or they were singing - but usually, they did not like electronic music, not to mention using any form of DAW.
As I am struggling to find any other girls who produce music and groups like 'female producers' on Facebook are totally dead I am curious maybe here are you hiding?
I wrote on another forum too but no one is responding...
Or maybe it's like with my friend who had a band but she told me that she 'grew out of making music' and has focused on career and making babies...well. I think you can do both and it was really stupid what she said.
Maybe if you are not a female producer, do you know any in the real life? Someone, I can contact? They don't have to do music in LMMS.
Cheers,
Agnes
Hi! I'm also a girl. Didn't think any other female producers existed tbh haha xD I'm a complete beginner though. What about you?
Hey! You are making cool beats, really (Is your account on SoundCloud - 'Student'?
I have started using LMMS in this October, earlier I did not have any experience with DAWs.
But I can only do music 1-2 days a week. SO my development is a bit slow :)
How have you got into music?
PPNDP wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:44 pm
Hey! You are making cool beats, really (Is your account on SoundCloud - 'Student'?
I have started using LMMS in this October, earlier I did not have any experience with DAWs.
But I can only do music 1-2 days a week. SO my development is a bit slow :)
How have you got into music?
Thanks, glad you like them :) Yeah that is my soundcloud, how did you know :o ?

Your stuff is really nice and atmospheric, especially for someone who's only had 2 months experience, that's crazy

Yeah same I have school and preparing for important exams so I don't have too much time for music either :( But anyway, I'm progressing gradually ;)

How I got into music? I play the drums and keyboard, but there was a long period of time where I lost access to both those instruments. So to satisfy my thirst for creating music, I downloaded LMMS and started making beats and tunes through that medium. I suppose you could say making beats is kind of a 'secondary' thing for me, but I'm still going with it now even though I can play the drums and piano again now, cause producing is addictive and I want to keep learning xD And it's a useful tool to songwriting

What made you start producing?
PlsHelpMeNøtSuck wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:47 am

Thanks, glad you like them :) Yeah that is my soundcloud, how did you know :o ?

Your stuff is really nice and atmospheric, especially for someone who's only had 2 months experience, that's crazy

Yeah same I have school and preparing for important exams so I don't have too much time for music either :( But anyway, I'm progressing gradually ;)

How I got into music? I play the drums and keyboard, but there was a long period of time where I lost access to both those instruments. So to satisfy my thirst for creating music, I downloaded LMMS and started making beats and tunes through that medium. I suppose you could say making beats is kind of a 'secondary' thing for me, but I'm still going with it now even though I can play the drums and piano again now, cause producing is addictive and I want to keep learning xD And it's a useful tool to songwriting

What made you start producing?
Ha. I used my hacking skills and click on your profile to see posts ;)
I am kinda old for the beginner, I am now doing my Master's degree in UK and work (I am from Poland originally).
Since always I was into music (probably playing the piano as a kid does not count), I played the bass guitar for some time, then I also lost access to instruments. Now I am trying again learn some piano (I bought the digital one recently and use it as a MIDI controller).
As it may sound funny, I had a moment of enlightenment on my first-ever-electronic festival (Farr, this July) and I have decided to try with electronic music ;).
Yeah, I agree, producing is very addictive :)
What kind of music do you listen to?