MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!

Anything that doesn't fit into other topics goes here!
Merry Christmas everyone!
Merry Christmas to you and everyone else too!! 8-)

PS: Gasp! I'm late. Someone beat to it this year. :D
Normally, I'm one of the Lmms users, making the first Merry Christmas post. Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! :lol:
Oh well, 2018 will be my year again. Ha! Ha! :lol: 8-)

PS: Also, look forward to my music, this year everyone. :D 8-)
brandystarbrite wrote:
Mon Dec 25, 2017 4:52 pm
PS: Gasp! I'm late. Someone beat to it this year. :D
Normally, I'm one of the Lmms users, making the first Merry Christmas post. Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! :lol:
Oh well, 2018 will be my year again. Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! :lol: 8-)
XDDD Ima beat u next year too! :evil:
PS: Also, look forward to my music, this year everyone. :D
It better be gud XDDD
Happy Holidays to all!

brandystarbrite wrote:
Woaaa! Finally! We'll discover your music! ...... impatience.
D.Ipsum wrote:
Mon Dec 25, 2017 7:43 pm
Happy Holidays to all!

brandystarbrite wrote:
Woaaa! Finally! We'll discover your music! ...... impatience.
Yes, Happy Holidays, Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, Anti-life...

I am waiting for your releases brandystarbrite. I assume you possess all knowledge about LMMS that is possible to acquire!

Also, I am waiting for the full track of D.Ipsum as your projects on Soundcloud sound very interesting! Very few people are making this kind of music in LMMS (I just found 1 on YT). Maybe you are the only person alive who understands zyn Gui ;D
PPNDP wrote:
Mon Dec 25, 2017 11:59 pm
Also, I am waiting for the full track of D.Ipsum as your projects on Soundcloud sound very interesting! Very few people are making this kind of music in LMMS (I just found 1 on YT). Maybe you are the only person alive who understands zyn Gui ;D
Wow, it puts pressure ... do not panic ... it'll be ok ... maybe ... maybe not ... who knows ...

But when I think about it, for example, when I listen to the tracks of the 4 BoL (https://lmms.io/competitions/), quite objectively, I do not think that one of my tracks could be retained. I wanted to participate in the last two BoL, and I think I did well to abstain. I do not yet master the art of composition. Same for mixing. Still learning.

However, a big thank you for your words, it's nice to know that someone appreciates my musical journey.

About Zyn, in fact, I use it very little, and mainly for percussion. I use it very little because it is not automatable. I am especially fan of the TripleOscillator.

From what I saw, I would say that the user who masters the Zyn is unfa. He has an account on the LSP. In the projects I saw, he mainly uses the Zyn for all his instruments. One of his tracks is also on the BoL4, I find it really very successful.
D.Ipsum wrote:
Tue Dec 26, 2017 4:17 am
PPNDP wrote:
Mon Dec 25, 2017 11:59 pm
Wow, it puts pressure ... do not panic ... it'll be ok ... maybe ... maybe not ... who knows ...

But when I think about it, for example, when I listen to the tracks of the 4 BoL (https://lmms.io/competitions/), quite objectively, I do not think that one of my tracks could be retained. I wanted to participate in the last two BoL, and I think I did well to abstain. I do not yet master the art of composition. Same for mixing. Still learning.

However, a big thank you for your words, it's nice to know that someone appreciates my musical journey.

About Zyn, in fact, I use it very little, and mainly for percussion. I use it very little because it is not automatable. I am especially fan of the TripleOscillator.

From what I saw, I would say that the user who masters the Zyn is unfa. He has an account on the LSP. In the projects I saw, he mainly uses the Zyn for all his instruments. One of his tracks is also on the BoL4, I find it really very successful.
I am keeping my fingers crossed if you are planning to take part in this competition.

I listened to the music from the compilations 'Best of LMMS'. There is (for my ears) too much totally overproduced music (I know for some people it may sound funny - what does it even mean 'overproduced' - hard to explain [maybe every sound is too clean and there is no 'mystery' - whatever it means...]). I can't even finish listening to one track. Probably just not my taste, I grow up on some dirty music. Nevertheless, I really appreciate all technical skills of those participants - they definitely put a lot of work into it. But, as I can hear, the BoL is more about the skills related to the composition, mastering etc...
Maybe there should be another BoL for more experimental music, I can be the judge lol ;P

I watched UNFA tutorials on ZynAddSubFX. On LInux it looks really nice but Windows' is awful - so I just discouraged myself, and it is hard to follow when he is using the Linux version and I own LMMS on win. I am not gonna comment the artistic quality of the work because hah dubstep is not my genre :).

Also, I was confused that I can't move knobs for automation in GUI - very disappointing.

TripleOscillator sounds very promising, judging by your work. Hope others appreciate it too.
PPNDP wrote:
Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:23 am
I listened to the music from the compilations 'Best of LMMS'. There is (for my ears) too much totally overproduced music (I know for some people it may sound funny - what does it even mean 'overproduced' - hard to explain [maybe every sound is too clean and there is no 'mystery' - whatever it means...]). I can't even finish listening to one track. Probably just not my taste, I grow up on some dirty music. Nevertheless, I really appreciate all technical skills of those participants - they definitely put a lot of work into it. But, as I can hear, the BoL is more about the skills related to the composition, mastering etc...
Maybe there should be another BoL for more experimental music, I can be the judge lol ;P
I think I see something of what you mean by "overproduced" or "too clean". Not to mention economy, ideology, musical fashions (mainstream) or a "hygienist" way of cleaning and mixing the tracks, I consider that the ergonomic heaviness of human-machine interfaces does not facilitate things, at least in our time. To sculpt a dirty, rich, complex sound, at every moment, to make your speakers vibrate in a lively way, it's deadly time-consuming and completely counterintuitive, the musical gesture has almost disappeared ... making music becomes a work of office, a boring work, so a music of the same ilk ... who speaks of transhumanistic phantasm?

About BoL4, I saw hat 5 judges evaluated the proposals on two criteria: production and creativity. The experimental music can be presented as well :lol:
I think I see something of what you mean by "overproduced" or "too clean". Not to mention economy, ideology, musical fashions (mainstream) or a "hygienist" way of cleaning and mixing the tracks, I consider that the ergonomic heaviness of human-machine interfaces does not facilitate things, at least in our time. To sculpt a dirty, rich, complex sound, at every moment, to make your speakers vibrate in a lively way, it's deadly time-consuming and completely counterintuitive, the musical gesture has almost disappeared ... making music becomes a work of office, a boring work, so a music of the same ilk ... who speaks of transhumanistic phantasm?

About BoL4, I saw hat 5 judges evaluated the proposals on two criteria: production and creativity. The experimental music can be presented as well :lol:
Yes, I agree. Also when I am more and more into the 'music-making' I noticed that most of the tutorials 'how to make house', 'how to make techno' is usually made by so-called professionals who - when to look at their music works are -in most cases- ordinary labourers who just work for some studios or are the living ads of the expensive hardware they are using. What is noticeable, they are using packages of samples, VST you can buy on their pages to get the ready recipe for the next-Martin Garrix hit for teenagers.
But the problem is deeper, pop-artists appropriating underground culture, then it is chewed and digested by radio listeners, then the underground culture is deconstructing the pop culture to recover what's valuable.
The underground culture was always a barricade. WIth its self-consciousness what to cut off from. And it was always has stayed in contrast to everything that is commercial.
The forum users somehow are not in the underground - as they have the love for commercial sound. And aspire to this pop-sphere of clean sound and internet fame. Also, as I can see, there is a tendency to publish new track, every week, every month. Why?
Are the users of DAWS, when everyone can do music - be deadmou5 or Garrix - are the victims of the industry. They chew and digest commercial music but in return, we don't get anything aesthetically valuable but merely a cheap imitation of what we already heard...
But if some people are treating making music as fishing or carpentry I can understand that - why not.
Or maybe I don't get internet music ;P
PPNDP wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:08 am
[...]
Yes, when one enters a commercial approach, when it is necessary that it brings back to pay for its needs, the time factor becomes crucial, so it is necessary to run, to produce, to privilege the quantity rather than the quality. Therefore, it is a calculation to minimize the risks, to see what are the trends of the moment, what works commercially, etc. And it can be interesting to turn to ready-to-use soundbanks and presets, etc. But, as the majority of producers are not financial sharks, this often yields nuts ...

It's pretty much the same in all sectors of activity:

must put your soul to rent,
knowing that if you sell it,
it could bring in more $ ...

so, you have no choice:
is it to rent or to sell?

And the underground in there, and the art ? I don't know. Art is a commercial product like the others for a long time ... And I guess that to allow yourself to evolve in the underground, money does not have to be an immediate problem. It comes down to about two profiles: those who don't need to work, and the others.

Underground or not, the roots is the same, the tree is old, and its fruits a litle bitter :lol: