favorite genre?

Anything that doesn't fit into other topics goes here!
what is your favorite genre to listen to and how does it effect/relate to the genre of music you make?
for example, i like rap, lofi, and vaporwave/pop every once in a while, but my music has frequently turned out as trap beats.
what about you?
samthekid108 wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:50 am
what is your favorite genre to listen to and how does it effect/relate to the genre of music you make?
for example, i like rap, lofi, and vaporwave/pop every once in a while, but my music has frequently turned out as trap beats.
what about you?
Okay: 80's music, techno trance music and old school late 80's early 90's house music. 8-)
The thing that makes it kinda easy for me, to make those genres, is the fact that they all use
cool sounding synth sounds. And really cool sounding bass melodies too. :D
samthekid108 wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:50 am
what about you?
My favorite genres would be Uplifting Trance, Progressive Trance, Melodic House, Progressive House(the ones like deadmau5's style or the song WispX-I (Can't) See You or Lush & Simon-Ahead Of Us or Starlyte's Style), Melodic Dubstep/Chillstep like Mitis, Liquid DnB, and some Drumstep. Mostly anything that is more focused on the melody. I also listen some Orchestral pieces. I always liked making melodic music.
My most fav genre for now is Melodic Dubstep, and I was making music so I can learn to make songs of myself in that genre :D

but my compositions turned out New Age, Ambient and Classical -- the genres I've been listening in my childhood. It seems that my brain is seeking to the place where I came from lol. But the only genre I like and tried that had good results was Uplifting Trance.
Ambient,new age and eletronic Music
Couldn't really say i have one,

I like,

House
Techno
Trance
Hard Techno
Hard Trance
Old Skool - Hardcore, Acid and some Drum & Bass

How it influences what i make,

I read quite a lot about people commenting on tracks that are made, and they refer to, 'THE Drop', usually meaning the track has one major drop point where it has a release of energy (Thats how i put it), when i am making a track, i think the track should carry you along with multiple energy points that revive your emotion/enthusiasm continuously.

Thats what i aim for when making a track
You know, I like different music. I've been listening to covers of rock artists lately.
Fersalina wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 1:13 pm
You know, I like different music. I've been listening to covers of rock artists lately.
Cool.
Hip Hop (old school and new school but not feeling mumble rappers), 70's 80's and 90's rock, Jazz...
Lately been listening to Frank Sinatra and Sting, now feeling Kid CuDi 🙏
I listen to a lot of dubstep, big room house, progressive house, hip-hop, future bass, and d'nb of all subgenres. I don't really have a favorite genre, but it has influenced me to make bigger sounding music.