Song-Editor needs ability to Select-and-Move blocks of data

Anything that doesn't fit into other topics goes here!
This need is so obvious, it's probably already on the list of future improvements -- but I just wanted to be sure it's under consideration. Up until now, if we want to insert a new segment into an early section of a music project, we have to manually move every every single piece of data in the Song-Editor which follows that new segment. For example, if you have a song arranged in Song-Editor, with 20 different internal tracks and 100 different units of data, stretching across 120 bars, and then you decide it would be better to have a 4-bar intro to that song, you now have to manually move each and every one of those 100 units of data to the right, 4 bars each, in order to insert that 4-bar intro. And maybe you want to repeat that 4-bar piece after every 20 bars of music --- that makes the manual moving of all the data-units even more difficult. It's a huge hassle; and I'm fairly certain that most composers using LMMS run into that issue sometimes.

It would make it so easy if we could simply select those blocks of data and move them to the right or left, as desired.
sizemore0409 wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:49 am
Up until now, if we want to insert a new segment into an early section of a music project, we have to manually move every every single piece of data in the Song-Editor which follows that new segment.
No
Firstly All block that has been marked with the select tool, are mouse moveable as one 'block'
So you can move n blocks at y positions, as if the n blocks was one block

Secd. LMMS has a push pull feature for everything
Place the play-head where you want to make a 'split' in the project
Hold SH
Tap INSERT
All blocks in song-editor moves downstream
Hold SH
Tap DEL
All blocks in song-editor moves upstream
Will browse the wiki, maby these methods are not explained

I do not think new methods for block movement is necessary.
If you feel different, let us know how you would supplement current methods