Hello. Nive to meet you.

Anything that doesn't fit into other topics goes here!
Hi. I'm new here. My name is Ibby squish for rap and Nearmusicbeats for beats.
I'm glad to be here, after completely getting shafted by everyone on leakforums for my "shitty music."
They thought https://youtu.be/Nv_FasMC_fg was shit.

Here's my first proper beat I made in LMMS. (2nd beat I made completely on LMMS start to finish with stock plugins.)
One feature I miss of FL studio is the "slice tool." I can put like the middle section of a pattern on one bit for example. But lmmms only allows you to drag it from the end.
Also I can only use 1 hand and holding ctrl and dragging is impossible with a mouse. With a trackpad, its slightly more doable but it should be only 1 button to do it.
LMMS beat: Listen to NEARMUSICBEATS - AX2 by Nearmusicbeats #np on #SoundCloud
https://soundcloud.com/n34rmus1cb34t5/n ... eats-ax2-1
nive to meet you too, we're pretty open minded here, with that, i'll probably be the meanest one here. of the people here that i know makes hip-hop beats, there's me, kaba, and emoroptorix. but brandystarbrite and d.ipsom are probably going to be the best at giving constructive feedback
it will take me a sec to listen to your song because my headphones are dead
ethnic origins had really nice atmosphere and composition, but nearly every sample sounds like it should have had some effect added to it. i can hear the snares and the first zoom* sound's clumsiness clash with with the smoother strings and pads.
anyways, i'll be here if you want to collab on writing stuff.
IbbySquish wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:16 am
Welcome to the forum IbbySquish ! Here are all our important links:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-And a few rules for Avatars, signatures, posting and using the right sub-forum :)
If you like to introduce yourself, to the community, go here:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4480
One feature I miss : is the "slice tool."
Yes lmms does not have any option to split a block in song-editor (yet).
Also I can only use 1 hand and holding ctrl and dragging is impossible with a mouse. With a trackpad, its slightly more doable but it should be only 1 button to do it.
I dont under stand this one
In song-editor any block can be drag-moved with only mouse-tool "draw"
If you hold Ctrl, then you copy the notes!
If it is difficult to do, you can right-click, and use the context-option for copy

If you change tool to 'select', and mark several blocks, you like to move together, you can do it with only mouse and drag.
You can even do that with tool draw, then you just click the blocks with ctrl pressed down.
musikbear wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:38 pm
IbbySquish wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:16 am
Welcome to the forum IbbySquish ! Here are all our important links:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-And a few rules for Avatars, signatures, posting and using the right sub-forum :)
If you like to introduce yourself, to the community, go here:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4480
One feature I miss : is the "slice tool."
Yes lmms does not have any option to split a block in song-editor (yet).
I dont under stand this one
In song-editor any block can be drag-moved with only mouse-tool "draw"
If you hold Ctrl, then you copy the notes!
If it is difficult to do, you can right-click, and use the context-option for copy

If you change tool to 'select', and mark several blocks, you like to move together, you can do it with only mouse and drag.
You can even do that with tool draw, then you just click the blocks with ctrl pressed down.
I mean, if I want to move a melody but I don't want it to snap to grid.
IbbySquish wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:20 am
ahh, Hold Ctrl as you move the block(s)
However!
Not snapping the blocks is next to never something you should use!
Instead you should change the positions of the notes inside the block!

Btw -please read the rules about refining quotes :)
musikbear wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:52 pm
IbbySquish wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:20 am
ahh, Hold Ctrl as you move the block(s)
However!
Not snapping the blocks is next to never something you should use!
Instead you should change the positions of the notes inside the block!

Btw -please read the rules about refining quotes :)
But I like making my melodies in the best and baseline editor so if I do that, the whole melody will change.
But I like making my melodies in the best and baseline editor so if I do that, the whole melody will change.
You could also use the delay fx
IbbySquish wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:32 am
But I like making my melodies in the beat and baseline editor so if I do that, the whole melody will change.
beat and baseline editor is not meant for making the whole project, and you will get problems if you do.
It is really also bad just to paint a melodic pattern all over song-editor. You get boring repetitive songs, that way.
Be creative, not lacy
musikbear wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:09 am
IbbySquish wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:32 am
But I like making my melodies in the beat and baseline editor so if I do that, the whole melody will change.
beat and baseline editor is not meant for making the whole project, and you will get problems if you do.
It is really also bad just to paint a melodic pattern all over song-editor. You get boring repetitive songs, that way.
Be creative, not lacy
I use it like how I would with FL studio, and it's easy to duplicate 1 pattern for 4 or 8 bars by dragging it out if I make it in the baseline editor since ctrl + b doesn't work. In the song editor, only way to do this is by right click copy right click paste.
Can get annoying over time.