Beat feedback

Share and discuss your LMMS music projects here, and see what people think!
Hi. I was wondering what you think of my metro boomin type beat?
Listen to Metro by Nearmusicbeats #np on #SoundCloud
https://soundcloud.com/n34rmus1cb34t5/metro
something about bass
samthekid108 wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:41 pm
it's pretty cool, but i think it needs more layers. kinda skeletal
also, this is supposed to be in the music submission section.

especially after posting 50+ beats/songs, i would think it's a good time to access a wider array of sounds/sample for cool, memorable melodies.
Pretty much agree with the previous comments. My headphones are cheap, but I think the bottom is pretty crowded. Otherwise yes, some more layers and a small development of the melody are welcome.
looking back on it, metro boomin had his hi hats in the forefront on the beat and had a lot of his melodies being based from more ambient synths
samthekid108 wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:14 am
looking back on it, metro boomin had his hi hats in the forefront on the beat and had a lot of his melodies being based from more ambient synths
Thanks for the feedback.
I like it; for it to be more metro you need more bounce and some snares that pop. Maybe put some lower noted hi-hats to get that metro/southside feeling
Kaba wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:08 pm
I like it; for it to be more metro you need more bounce and some snares that pop. Maybe put some lower noted hi-hats to get that metro/southside feeling
Thanks. I'll keep that in mind, but i was actually thinking of the metrolink trainstation lol... I can just imagine a gang of youths making a track to this beat in the grimey city.
I don't know much, about this style of music.
But from what I've heard so far, it sounds really nice.
I think the kick would sound better, if it were a slight bit heavier though.
But then again, everyone has their own tastes. :)
Thanks
.@brandystarbrite