I was banned from the LMMS Discord server for memes.

Anything that doesn't fit into other topics goes here!
I was banned from the LMMS Discord server for posting memes in the general channel. There's no off topic channel, memes channel, shitposting channel, or any of the sort.
password123 wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:18 am
I was banned from the LMMS Discord server
Sorry, that has nothing to do with lmms. it is Discord that makes the rules. Lmms is only a user, so we have no influence on rules or bans. You need to contact Discord
musikbear wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:02 pm
Sorry, that has nothing to do with lmms. it is Discord that makes the rules. Lmms is only a user, so we have no influence on rules or bans. You need to contact Discord
Uh what? Lmms is not a user account. Discord is a service, they don't have anything to do with an admin or mod of the LMMS discord server banning a user. Just like how phpbb (our forum software) has nothing to do with when a forum moderator bans a user here.

password123 wrote: I was banned from the LMMS Discord server for posting memes in the general channel. There's no off topic channel, memes channel, shitposting channel, or any of the sort.
We are not required to cater to users' wants or whims regarding channels. You posted content in violation of the discord server's rules (specifically #3: Do not post, set your nickname to, or set your profile icon to any sexual/"not safe for work" content) and got banned.

:arrow:
No, it's a decision made by the mods we have on the server. We have rules there just like any other forum, and they're clearly laid out in the #rules channel. On top of that there's the policy to always warn users before banning them, so it shouldn't come as a surprise (edit: in this case it seems there was no warning, but you also seem to have been unbanned). People post memes all the time and we normally don't have a problem with it, so I get the feeling this was an issue with rule 2, 3 or 4.
2 - Do not post anything that could be considered 'spam'
3 - Do not post, set your nickname to, or set your profile icon to any sexual/"not safe for work" content
4 - Do not post, set your nickname to, or set your profile icon to anything racist/sexist/homophobic/etc.
EDIT: Ninja'd by Punch, even though he supposedly "[didn't] feel like logging into the forums" ;)
We lifted the ban, but consider it a warning. The memes are welcome, the one you posted was not welcome. Please refrain from posting that type of content. We've recorded it for historical purposes so if you do not recall the post, I can send it to you in PM after you re-join. https://lmms.io/chat