settings

Anything that doesn't fit into other topics goes here!
hi, I'm new to lmms.
i watched a few tutorials about how to start, first i have to set the settings right, and in every video i watched, there is a little bar above with some buttoms on it, including the buttom 'edit', but i don't have that bar, with me it's just a grey thing without words on it.
i have the version 1.3.3, please help
Hi!
usernamewaworiginal wrote:
Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:09 pm
hi, I'm new to lmms.
i watched a few tutorials about how to start, first i have to set the settings right, and in every video i watched, there is a little bar above with some buttoms on it, including the buttom 'edit', but i don't have that bar, with me it's just a grey thing without words on it.
i have the version 1.3.3, please help
I don't know why the menu bar isn't showing for you but it could be a bug that's been fixed already. lmms-1.2 will be released soon and the latest beta release (currently lmms-1.2.0-rc5) is more stable than the old, 1.1.3. I think updating is a good next step for you. https://lmms.io/download/#windows
usernamewaworiginal wrote:
Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:09 pm
hi, I'm new to lmms.
Hi, Welcome to the forum usernamewaworiginal ! Here are all our important links:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-And a few rules for Avatars, signatures, posting and using the right sub-forum :) You also learn how to post pictures, and how to use quotes correctly.
If you like to introduce yourself, to the community, go here:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4480

It sounds like you have chosen a different theme than the default. Did you get your 1.1.3 from the official site, that zonkmachine also linked you to?
Only get new versions and updates from that site!
You may get some issues, if you try to install over your current 1.1.3, so i would like you to follow these guidelines :
https://lmms.io/wiki/index.php?title=LM ... h_Settings
And make sure you have removed the 'dot' config file from your pc, before you reinstall the RC5.
If you have issues, do ask :)