Which Linux distribution is the most recommended to work wi

Anything that doesn't fit into other topics goes here!
Greetings. Which Linux distribution is the most recommended to work with LMMS?
I'll work a lot with MIDI audio and I need sounds close to the real ones.
thanks for you help.
caifaguar73 wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:16 am
Greetings. Which Linux distribution is the most recommended to work with LMMS?
KXstudio's distro is the one that most has full success with:
KXStudio "lmms-vst-full - Linux Multimedia Studio - full VST support Using Wine"
http://kxstudio.linuxaudio.org/Repositories#Ubuntu
Hoo!! I thinking unbuntu studio! Thank You so much!
caifaguar73 wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:16 am
Which Linux distribution is the most recommended to work with LMMS?
KXStudios is a good recommendation, although it is based on the 4 years old Ubuntu 14.04. An update to the coming Ubuntu 18.04 is sheduled for May 2018. Optionally, you can use the KXStudios repositories on a recent Ubuntu/Debian (as I do).

The LMMS version used in KXStudios is still on version 1.1.3 (AFAIK). You can optionally (=recommended) try the actual RC of version 1.2. This one is available as an AppImage without installation.
Thank you very much for your opinion I am new to Linux although I had used Ubuntu only. I thought Unbuntu Studio was the most recommended. Look I'm not professional I just want good midi sound, that's all
Hi . I am using LXDE on ubuntu .. It's fast, and highly customizable. Though you would have to learn more to install all software properly, but it's well worth the effort. You can also go for Ubuntu Studio or KXStudio distros like people pointed above if you want everything pre installed and / or are in a hurry.. but for me it was not just music but other things like web development, game development and 3d modelling as well and I had to set it all up.