RIP SoundCloud

Anything that doesn't fit into other topics goes here!
i havent even started my music thingys in soundcloud account but-

i didnt replied tho. im thinking its a spam bot :lol:

https://sta.sh/02bslq9t1eq
vortexsupernova wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:58 pm
i havent even started my music thingys in soundcloud account but-

i didnt replied tho. im thinking its a spam bot :lol:

https://sta.sh/02bslq9t1eq
omg I get these all the time, I can't remember if I followed the link once but I think it's just a bot or some free plays site trying to sell you stuff, I haven't figured out how to block them. I also get a lot of offers from "Newborn" record labels, I fell for it the first time and got screwed over, I never got paid so do yourself a favor and avoid those kinds of things lmao
|DIVIDE wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:11 pm
omg I get these all the time, I can't remember if I followed the link once but I think it's just a bot or some free plays site trying to sell you stuff,
EXACTLY. I followed the link (by typing into address bar) and the website has a lot of ads and NO https encryption, which makes transactions very dangerous. You pay 10 USD for views wtf.
I haven't figured out how to block them.
The current skills of Soundcloud make them too impossible to remove these :lol: :cry:
I also get a lot of offers from "Newborn" record labels, I fell for it the first time and got screwed over, I never got paid
'Newborn labels' are a bad thing, especially when they're only found at SC. What label is that? ;)

And oh, thank you for reminding me these, I'm starting to make up my SC account.
Lets keep this dead simple:
If you follow links of any kind form fa$ebook to any destination, you will get virus's malware and generally C..P all over your entire eworld
If you see a link of interest or scare.. go to THE source directly. If there is nothing there: SCAM!
musikbear wrote:
Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:57 am
Lets keep this dead simple:
If you follow links of any kind form fa$ebook to any destination, you will get virus's malware and generally C..P all over your entire eworld
actually, i believe what the scammer was saying. I looked one of its reposts. One track there is a whopping five million, while the rest of the songs of the uploader which is active is only 20-50k. The website is an online marketplace selling digital stuff, like Catooh, same thing that it doesnt have https encryption (*cough* MAGIX music maker *cough*) And so, it's true. But when you enter your personal details -- addresses, bank accounts -- thats where you get beefed up.

Probably the 'sell views' is used to hack the song stats or lets mass bots visit the page and have 'play' on their algorithms..

It also sends to multiple SC accounts. I'm thinking not only DIVIDE and me got that thing.

so, therefore, by examining the songs of the uploaders, i believe that the hideous actions were done after the transaction, not visiting the site.

Welp im lucky not to have my PC that ruined ASAP. But probably its just being silent. Nvm I visited these kinds of sites when I was trying to find a good Youtube-MP3 encoder to download a song for my school project :lol: and ads on steroids pumped up like hell
Don't worry guys. You all are not the only ones, who have encountered these bots/scammers etc.
For the past few months, a few Lmms users have complained about those bots/scammers, that pop out of nowhere on soundcloud.

One showed up on my soundcloud account, a few months back, but I completely ignored him/her/it. And then, after a few days, the scammer/bot post was gone. :)

My advice is:
Just ignore the fake spammy bots and scammers. And let them go back to
the digital void, from whence they came from. ;)

And don't forget to heed, musikbears good advice, posted above. ;)
Musikbear is spot on. I'd just add that no one will give you anything or do anything for you right off the bat like that for free. Just apply common sense when you encounter that sort of stuff.
Folmar wrote:
Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:42 pm
Musikbear is spot on. I'd just add that no one will give you anything or do anything for you right off the bat like that for free. Just apply common sense when you encounter that sort of stuff.
Yep. Very well said. :)
I would like to point out that "from whence they came from" is bad grammar and just sounds strange if you say it out loud.
KraagnjilTheWulf wrote:
Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:27 pm
I would like to point out that "from whence they came from" is bad grammar and just sounds strange if you say it out loud.
Lol! :lol: