ZynAddSubFX Preset Combiner Tool

Anything that doesn't fit into other topics goes here!
Backstory
I've been working on some music for a game and wanted to use ZynAddSubFX more, but creating sounds from scratch is hard when you don't know what all the knobs do. :P I made a randomizer for ZynAddSubFX in the past, but the results were mostly predictable and uninteresting. I then decided to try a new concept. This tool lets you give it .xpf files and it combines them "randomly". The key concept being that all of the settings being randmoized are determined by the previous value. When two or more .xpf files have the same value for a setting, the next value chosen could be from either of those. This makes the randomness happen more in chunks. For myself, the results have been very good. I'm usually able to get a sound closer to what I want by finding a few that have aspects of them that I want. It also works well for creating experimental sounds by giving it many .xpf files. The more .xpf files, the abstract the sound is.

What does it do?
You give it two or more .xpf files that are for ZynAddSubFX in LMMS and it combines them together somewhat randomly. This means a few .xpf files will have roughly a hundred or more combinations. You can then take those presets made from the tool and combine them again and again. Selectively choosing files that have aspects that you like can help control what the output will sound like.

Limitations
At the moment it only randomizes the first voice of add synths and the first two effects. Utilizing a second voice for the add synth and supporting pad synths would be ideal, but at the moment it produces results that I like. I might add more later.

Licensing
The tool is licensed as MIT. The tool does not affect any licensing of the .xpf files it produces. You retain your rights. When using it to combine .xpf files creating by other people though, things get into a gray area. Using another's work most likely counts as a derivative. If you plan to release the .xpf files you create, make sure the licensing for the files are compatible and credit each of the authors. I sort of question preset licensing for ZynAddSubFX though as there are no sample sounds. It's the equivalent of knowing where to turn the knobs for a hardware synth. Just make sure you understand that the tool is reusing parts from the .xpf files you give it.

Link
Here is the link to the tool. It works right in your web browser. https://isaiah658.github.io/zynaddsubfx ... -combiner/
isaiah658 wrote:
Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:45 am
This tool lets you give it .xpf files and it combines them "randomly".
Interesting for those who want to experiment.
Most often, the need is for something specific,
-like i showed years back:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShfJ20uHOUs
but random events can be rewarding. Thanks for sharing.