Does anyone have thoughts about synthesizers?

Anything that doesn't fit into other topics goes here!
In LMMS, I have tested out Bit Invader (To me, this is too funky and fun to mess around with!) and Monstro (Really I did not expect grudge noises to be harsh and grim, unless the modulation was set to phase modulation with Sine waveform carrier*+ FX crossover Distortion... Tried this once and work out well!), yet Triple Oscillator gave me more controls on the oscillation waveform type + the FX plugin, which gave me limited yet amazing waveform manipulation. (Oh! Impulse wave, which is the thin spaced out waveform is my least used waveform I used, over the square - The waveform that has a continuous amplitude pattern, without a slope or bend...)

*Sine wave is amazing at being a carrier, with a bit of a drawback, like the waveform in PM sound muted and closed...
"Does anyone have thoughts about synthesizers?"
What kinda thoughts? :)
Yes you better believe everybody has had thoughts about synths :P
What i believe you like to ask, is what are the most liked synths in lmms, and what are they especially good for.
Personally i use some almost always, and some (almost) never.
My std is zynAddSubFX (zasfx) and 3oc.
The versatility and quality of those is obvious from just browsing their preset banks!
Kicker is great for percussion and soundeffects!
LB302 has a special history, and belongs to acid
SF2 is a must, for importing midi, most often i replace the SFont with something else
Sfxr well thats our effect generator
Vibed can make nice soft well ..vibes

The others? i dont use all, maybe Monstro as an extended 3oc, but rarely
Lastly we have Vestige-stub!
That is the middlelayer for VSTs, and here i just want to mention one: Synth1
Cant 'live' without it!

Generally you need to EQ every preset, no matter what generator you use! It is an amazing difference
See: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mFHDyWGh9c

Besides that, since you are new in Forum
Hi, Welcome A.A.A954_2
Here are all important links:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-A few rules and useful forum instructions
brandystarbrite wrote:
Fri Aug 24, 2018 3:35 am
"Does anyone have thoughts about synthesizers?"
What kinda thoughts? :)
As a thought to how it feels to use Lb302 and what could the synthesizer do, in terms of using the synthesizer for backing effects and taking the percussion role sometimes! (I don't like how the llama symbol reminded me of drama in a rave club, since I thought the synthesizer itself give out the nice impulse based bass for my liking... Turns out the whole monophonic imitation of tb303 synthesizer give me the choice to make the synthesizer a common tinkering around, as an "play about synthesizer" and mess with the modulation settings.. Meh!) I kinda like the exponentiation waveform today, for what it does to my ears... It sounded skinny and stings my ears at the 5th octave A# to 6th octave C note...
musikbear wrote:
Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:35 am
My std is zynAddSubFX (zasfx) and 3oc.
I LOVE ZynAddSubFX!
I feel like this synthesizer is the best out of every synthesizers I used! The voice parameters, harmonic modulation that multiple the waveform by 2x are beautiful. Since the LFO and envelopes for both filter and volume is there, I would use these modules for slow wavy effects! (I need to think on what could the LFO used for, since I mess around with the modules a lot..)

My feedback: (I know irrelevant feedbacks are not meant to be here... Though I have no idea where to give my feedback to!)

I think LMMS is amazing! I could think of nothing else other than LMMS to be the best open source musical software I ever got and I want to donate to the developers of LMMS for the software (I hope one day I get the music producers popularity and the money to owe back a BIG donation, which I doubt this could never happen! :( Mabye when I try, which could fail - Me and my pessimism doing a 'open your eyes' peep talk.. I know some people never did and I were to create a promises, then that is bad with the after effect!) and recommend the software to anyone who likes to do music!