How Do You Back Up Everything on LMMS So That You Can Edit

Anything that doesn't fit into other topics goes here!
How Do You Back Up Everything on LMMS So That You Can Edit Things on Another Computer? My current computer is not gonna last me long, but I want to keep all my projects for nostalgia.
the black ryvius wrote:
Fri Aug 24, 2018 2:12 am
How Do You Back Up Everything on LMMS So That You Can Edit Things on Another Computer?
ya.....
Your 'How' need to answered : "With a lot of care"
Transferring LMMS from one installation to an other is manual work!
No doubt: This is something we need to address!

As of now, the default installation process would make you 2 'areas' of concern.
1) The default LMMS 'everything' -Also called 'factory-elements'
That should be refurbished completely when you make a vanilla installation of lmms on the new pc!
So all good, unless YOU at some point have placed 'stuff' in these areas!

2) Your own stuff
Everything else, would be 'stuff' you have made. This covers everything from project-templates to whole projects, with your presets and sound libraries as cornerstones!
Those you need to re-install/ copy manually, and for soundfonts in folders with same names, as previously. That is an issue!
The reason is, that soundfonts are hardcoded in projects!

Code: Select all

<instrument name="sf2player">
            <sf2player reverbOn="0" chorusSpeed="0.3" bank="0" reverbWidth="0.5" chorusOn="0" src="C:\LMMS\data\presets\soundfonts\GeneralUser GS Live-Audigy v1.43.sf2" gain="1" reverbRoomSize="0.2" reverbDamping="0" chorusDepth="8" reverbLevel="0.9" chorusNum="3" chorusLevel="2" patch="33"/>
          </instrument>
Observe the src variable -That is a hardcode link!
That is the 'only' real obstacle!
Several new ideas has been tossed on this. There propl. will be a method to export projects with everything, in a zip, but then new legal issues appears. Not everything can be redistributed!
so i have to re do all of my projects manually?
Well then.... no way to put all of that into a drive file. Alright then.
the black ryvius wrote:
Sat Aug 25, 2018 1:27 pm
so i have to re do all of my projects manually?
NO!
You need to copy your presets, samples and project manually.
COPY them -Manually
NOT redo.
How did you get that idea, from what i wrote?