Poll: Zyn preset pack idea

Anything that doesn't fit into other topics goes here!

Preset Pack or Nah?

Yes
100%
No
No votes

So I wanna get some opinions. For a while I've been thinking about creating some preset packs for ZynAddSubFX based loosely on sounds I've used in other songs of mine. Namely The Little Things (which was part of BoL5) and a WIP of mine called After the Storm.

So my question is, would there be any interest in me making preset packs at all?
What license would these presets/patches be under?
afarlie wrote:
Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:16 pm
I don't know necessarily what license would cover what I have in mind, but basically they'd be free to use to create whatever you want and distribute those songs created using said licenses as you please without need to credit me for making them.

Basically the only thing I don't want people doing is taking these presets and selling them as if they created them themselves.
Jacoby Davis wrote:
Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:25 pm
afarlie wrote:
I don't know necessarily what license would cover what I have in mind, but basically they'd be free to use to create whatever you want and distribute those songs created using said licenses as you please without need to credit me for making them.

Basically the only thing I don't want people doing is taking these presets and selling them as if they created them themselves.
You could consider some version of "Creative Commons Attribution Share Alike", with an exception clause for created works.
I appreciate the concern you have about someone 'reselling' your patches without proper credit (and royalties etc.. ).

Are there other contributors on this forum that understand copyrights/usage rights issue in more detail than I do?
afarlie wrote:
Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:36 pm
Jacoby Davis wrote:
Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:25 pm
afarlie wrote:

You could consider some version of "Creative Commons Attribution Share Alike", with an exception clause for created works.
I appreciate the concern you have about someone 'reselling' your patches without proper credit (and royalties etc.. ).

Are there other contributors on this forum that understand copyrights/usage rights issue in more detail than I do?
Honestly I dunno. Like I said I just don't want people selling the presets themselves as if they created them. Anything they make with them they're free to do whatever with. If I make the sample pack, I'll list the terms/conditions I have in mind.
Jacoby Davis wrote:
Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:00 pm
So my question is, would there be any interest in me making preset packs at all?
Anyway, we can see that the presets available on the LSP are downloaded. So, I think it's worth it.

I notice that many users use samples for their drums (because lack of time, knowledge, interest, etc.). Maybe drum presets would be highly appreciated.