Youtubers releasing tracks from epidemic sound on Spotify

Anything that doesn't fit into other topics goes here!
I’m a little confused/concerned about the evolving music industry. My concern is regarding epidemic sound. This is more of a question from me since I haven’t fully understood their business model. I understand their basic model but how come youtubers buy instrumental tracks for their video content and then use it for song release on example Spotify. I’ve just noticed youtubers using instrumental tracks from epidemic sound to sing over. I understand how they can use it fine and legally for YouTube but how can they go about releasing it on Spotify? They bought license to distribute it on YouTube, Facebook and twitter but also Spotify?? They suddenly release a license bought instrumental for social platforms as independent artist taking full credit with only vocals added? I just don’t understand how.
cherry thomas wrote:
Fri Sep 28, 2018 6:49 am
I just don’t understand how.
Did you ask them (youtubers and epidemic sound) directly ?
cherry thomas wrote:
Fri Sep 28, 2018 6:49 am
I’m a little confused/concerned about epidemic sound. :: how can they go about releasing it on Spotify?
When things are related to legal content, there is only one way to go globally : Creative Commons:
https://creativecommons.org/
If an item does not have a CC definition, you should regard it as not globally legal!
Regional legality may be epidemic sound' ground for operations, but for You and in respect to Your possible breach of rights, You should rely on CC definitions! Then your back is free.
Always keep copies of CC statements, so you are not caught in fraud.
Interesting question and topic.

But please remove the links at the bottom of the screen. :geek: