First of all, I am using an M-Audio Oxygen 49 (3rd gen - blue) keyboard.

Here is a picture of the keyboard: http://www.m-audio.com/images/global/me ... 49-top.jpg

I have been able to map some of the controls for presets and instruments to sliders but cannot map the solo buttons of these instruments to any of the buttons marked C18 - C26. When I right click on the solo button on the preset in the Song-Editor window, the shortcut menu comes up and I click on the "Connect to controller" option. That window comes up and the "MIDI Controller" light is selected, the "Auto Detect" light is on. When I press one of the buttons on the keyboard labelled C18 - C26 I always get the numbers "1" and "33" for the fields "CHANNEL" and "CONTROLLER." Pressing the button that I pressed for the "Auto Detect" does nothing.

If you know how to do this or you have an idea that could work,then please respond. Given that, what I would like to be able to do is assign "Mute/Activate" (the green light) and "Solo" (the red light) to buttons C18 - C26 on the keyboard. This would allow me to play multiple instruments at the same time and have the capability to select an istrument for solo when I need it.

By the way, I just tried assigning the "Solo" light from two different instruments to two different sliders (labelled C8 and C9) but the actual use seemed quite erratic. Upon further inspection on how they work together, they need to be used like radio buttons. The user needs to do this manually but pushing one slider up and the other slider down to get one instrument to solo while the other is muted. Strange. Even then, the arrangement of these two sliders is not fully understood.