Soundfont legality question

Anything that doesn't fit into other topics goes here!
Hello all. I have a question regarding the legality of selling music created with lmms. The problem is that our music uses soundfonts downloaded years ago. We have been searching for the sources of these soundfonts, but many of the sources have been lost to the internet ether. Other files have names so vague we cannot track down their original source.

Some of these soundfonts were downloaded from general file-sharing sites like mediafire, which makes it even more difficult to track their origins.

So the question is: can we sell this music, or could there be possible legal ramifications down the line? We are eager to give credit to the soundfont creators, but we literally cannot figure out who those creators are.
Quillison wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:18 pm
Hello all.
Hi, Welcome to the Forum !
Here are all important links:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-A few rules and useful forum instructions
I have a question regarding the legality
-And those we neither can or are willing to answer!
The legality of LMMS is our responsibility only, and here are the layouts:
The samples are offered under is GPL2. GPL2 is a source license.
You can do whatever you want with derivative works, just don't relicense anything from lmms samples library as your own!

Any and All relicensing is illegal!

Note, bundled project files aren't C00 cleared either. If you have a question about a particular track, let a developer know and we'll do our best to get you in contact with the original artist.
My own 2 cent: If in doubt, do not use!
And bottom line: Nobody here can answer your question thoroughly!
thanks for the quick reply!
I've been using this diddy kong country soundfont pack.

Can anyone help me with the legality of using this?

https://musical-artifacts.com/artifacts/207
dekk wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 12:34 pm
Can anyone help me with the legality of using this?
Maybe someone on the page where you found the files, but NO-body here have any idea

Besides that, since you are new in Forum
Welcome dekk !
Here are all important links:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-A few rules and useful forum instructions