I'm stuck because of lack of useable sounds.

Anything that doesn't fit into other topics goes here!
Hello!

I'm kinda new to this. I picked LMMS because I wanted to try and see if FOSS software can be as useable to me as some other well known programs. I'll be brief and to the point.

I am trying to make an eurostep song, by trying to follow the 4 videos on youtupbe that handle the topic. Guy said you need 909 or 707 drums, so I actually found a folder called 909 and 808 when I searched "synths", but they kinda suck though. And furthermore, I tried to find an actual synth that sounds like a synth (I dunno what actual instruments synths are supposed to emulate.. organ or something), but I only find useless saws and short sounds made with the overly complicated tripple oscillator, and the other 80% of plugins which are the same basic thing - an unbearable noise-maker with sine waves and triangles. For making gameboy sounds. The only other plugins I found useful are the SF2 plugin for soundfont files, whihc I have used extensively for actual instruments, and it makes an ok-enough product. And the Vestige, which I can't use because apparently LMMS has to be 32 bit to even load VSTs, and oyu need to mess around with files and configs and the terminal and whatnot, and it is just too hard to set it up.

So I am here, with an abundance of "noise", as I would call it, a few sub-par sounds, and soundfonts which are good, but I have no synths on there.

People say ZynAddSubFX is "the best thing about LMMS", but my "bank" on it is empty, and I can't make a sound with it, so there. I had high hopes for it, since it is so praised, and has "synthesizer" in the name.
jyamkhan wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:26 pm
The only other plugins I found useful are the SF2 plugin for soundfont files,
Oki lets start there, because there are rather a lot of issues in your post :p
Working successfully with any DAW depends on you to learn the basics! You want to have specific sounds in your track, then the answer is: You have to build them!
To me that is just adding to the fun! Others do not bother to learn about sound synthesis, never touches any dials, and always works with presets made by other users.
But the dials are there for a reason!
If LMMS and other DAWs was meant to just use existing presets, then there was no need for a single dial.
My advise to you is to study the effect of all the controllers. Learn synthesis!
TrippleOSC can create almost any synth!
You should learn how to use it!
On a different note:
Synth1
That VST is simply a m a z i n g!
And it let you have the best of both i just rampled about
* Amazing presets, and 1001 of them!
* An incredible powerful synthesis engine!
I am trying to make an eurostep song
When asking about specific genres, it is a good idea to post a link to a typical representative trac on youTube :P
I dont know how it sounds..

trying to follow the 4 videos on youtupbe that handle the topic.

L i n k ?

need 909 or 707 drums
Find a video or soundclip online, with the exact instrument sound, you are looking for. -Link to it!
You need to add exact timestamps, for where the wanted sound starts, and less important -ends
Like @2:32 -> 2:55

instruments synths are supposed to emulate.. organ or something
Ditto
Vestige, which I can't use because apparently LMMS has to be 32 bit to even load VSTs, and oyu need to mess around with files and configs and the terminal and whatnot, and it is just too hard to set it up.
Nono.. It is not
What is your OS?
my ZynAddSubFX "bank" on it is empty,
please post your:
* OS (+service-pack-version)
* lmms version
* lmms sound device chosen
* hardware specification (ram & soundcard is the most important)
Original post copied from here. This is a spam bot. Leaving post because of a long answer.
https://www.reddit.com/r/lmms/comments/ ... le_sounds/