URGENT- Message saying "File Contains Errors"

Anything that doesn't fit into other topics goes here!
I've been working very vigorously on this project for a few days and I really hope this isn't lost. The project's size is still 6.29 KB which gives me hope that the whole thing wasn't deleted. I don't have any backup copies and I did use VST's, but still failed to load the project after deleting all of them. Any help would be much appreciated.

EDIT: I actually think I do have an earlier backup file from last night, assuming .bak is the file format for backups?
MLINK wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 4:55 pm
I don't have any backup copies
Why?
LMMS creates nor less than 2 independent backups, UNLESS you have deliberately disabled backups in Settings (?).
1) <project>.mmp(z).BAK
2) recover.mmp(z)

If you have made just one save-operation you will have (1) in your main -LMMS folder. eg the folder where LMMS.exe is found!

(2) is an internal file, that will exists as a crash-securence, and you will get a prompt for rescuing as you open LMMS after a crash.

(img from MAC-version - Ofcause you select 'recover'
Default this file is updated within minutes of opening a project

Dont you have ANY of these files?!
I'm not entirely sure how, but I looked through my files a bit more and managed to find a working version of the file. Thank you so much for the help and sorry to bother you.
MLINK wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 5:12 pm
managed to find a working version of the file. :: sorry to bother you.
Oh thats great news! -We always like to helt the best we can, its never a bother :)

After all this Welcome to the Forum MLINK !
Here are all important links:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-A few rules and useful forum instructions