Opinion on using B/B Editor for melodies?

Anything that doesn't fit into other topics goes here!
All the time when I make melodies, I use the B/B Editor instead of dragging the instruments into the Song-Editor. Does anyone else do this? Am I supposed to do this?
I never do it, but some people do.

Does not matter much. :)
DAMNANOTHERTRACK wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:59 pm
All the time when I make melodies, I use the B/B Editor instead of dragging the instruments into the Song-Editor. Does anyone else do this? Am I supposed to do this?
Hello and welcome to the forums DAMNANOTHERTRACK.

Okay. Normally, melodies are placed in the song editor.
But, if the melody is a repeating melody, then use the B/B Editor, if you want.
No harm there. :)
You can use the B/B editor for melodies if they repeat. You can also use it for automation tracks if the automation repeats, like sidechain. It's a verstile tool the saves you having to ctrl+v constantly :)
DAMNANOTHERTRACK wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:59 pm
I use the B/B Editor instead of dragging the instruments into the Song-Editor.
Some does
Am I supposed to do this?
No :P, but its allowed..

Jokes aside. You can see the most important statement above :
" Ok, If it is repetitive "
-And yes, then it is "Ok", except; It should not be repetitive!
Even music that sounds repetitive, do have fine subtle things going on, because if it did not, it would be like listening to a scratched vinyl..
Even your percussion should not be repetitive!
That should also have variations, and thats where different philosophies for using BBeat-editor fits:
Read:
https://lmms.io/wiki/index.php?title=Co ... ern_design

Besides that, since you are new in Forum
Welcome DAMNANOTHERTRACK !
Here are all important links:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-A few rules and useful forum instructions
That's the way I do .

Just can't stand sequencer, I'm wrong but i just put down ideas on the BB and then tweak them live to try to make a sound.
I'm certainly in the urge and fast way, to me it's fastidious to take days and days to do the sequences...
But as it is versatile and as you are free to use this tool as you want that's no matter to use melodies in the BB.