Where to download more ladspa effects/plugins

Anything that doesn't fit into other topics goes here!
Hi there,

does someone know where to download more ladspa effects/plugins?
ela wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:36 pm
LADSPA plugins in LMMS is afair tailored to LMMS, but the LADSPA as well C* and CALF all have their own homepages, where you can browse their libraries, but unless you are on MAC, you can also use some VSTs-effects.
musikbear wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:41 pm
ela wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:36 pm
LADSPA plugins in LMMS is afair tailored to LMMS, but the LADSPA as well C* and CALF all have their own homepages, where you can browse their libraries, but unless you are on MAC, you can also use some VSTs-effects.
I'm pretty sure I landed on the LADSPA home page, but I didn't notice packages of effects/plugin to download (I especially need effects), maybe I've to browse a little more...
More specifically, I was wondering if there were some site which distributed a collection of LADSPA packages...

I thought about using VSTs... But I'm really totally new to this. Are you talking about linuxVSTs or I have to use wine (or Carla maybe, as I read somewhere it is used to play VSTs...)
ela wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:41 pm
do I have to use wine (or Carla maybe, as I read somewhere it is used to play VSTs...)
Yes! VST can be used with windows and with Linux through WINE only
You cant use VST in OS10
What effect in particular are you looking for. Maybe someone here knows a good working one, because VSTeffects are still an issue, when it comes to reliability in LMMS
musikbear wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:43 pm
ela wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:41 pm
do I have to use wine (or Carla maybe, as I read somewhere it is used to play VSTs...)
Yes! VST can be used with windows and with Linux through WINE only
You cant use VST in OS10
What effect in particular are you looking for. Maybe someone here knows a good working one, because VSTeffects are still an issue, when it comes to reliability in LMMS
As we where discussing in a different topic here in the forum, I was needing a good flanger which starts its phase shifting when the note is played (per note envelope, as you called in the video you linked me in the other topic) rather than in an absolute time fashion.

I also need to know more about how to use VSTs in Linux, as the guide I am following (DeRobyJ's italian lmms guide) only shows how to use VST in Windows
ela wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:49 am
a good flanger which per note envelope
That will not be possible with any effect!. You will need an instrument-VST, that has this feature, just like i showed you for Synth1. A mere effect, would always depend on the features of the LMMS, and pr-note-envelopes does not exists, so you do need a full VST-instrument, not a VST-effect
need to know more about how to use VSTs in Linux
We do have descriptions on the subject here:
https://lmms.io/wiki/index.php?title=Wo ... _.26_Linux
And there is also a piece on WINE-issues
https://lmms.io/wiki/index.php?title=Wo ... _with_WINE
You can also ask specific questions about how to set it up, here on forum