Free Samples in android app

Anything that doesn't fit into other topics goes here!
Hi
I am thinking about creating a mobile application
Can I use LMMS samples for app. For profit use. Must I credit LMMS. I want to use samples but if you have drums and melody instrument give me link or send vst name. I need exclusive copyright to music created with samples or drums instruments . Drums: Hihat, Clap, kick (instrument included in LMMS), Snare, shaker and melody.
I don't want to credit but if it required, I'll do it.
No you can't.

I am also willing to bet you will get sued if you try anyway.

If you want to sell something make something instead trying to steal from others. :x

This question totally pisses me off. One of the reasons why I am on Linux has to do with the licence.

You just want to use / steal shit and then sell it. Are you kidding me ?
Gps wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:00 pm
No you can't.

If you want to sell something make something instead trying to steal from others. :x

This question totally pisses me off. One of the reasons why I am on Linux has to do with the licence.

Ok. that was just a question
I'm just beginning my adventure with music and I don't have any sounds or equipment for making music. The question was simple, can I use if not then I won't do it because I don't want to have problems. And I understand you can get nervous, but for what? If you're on Linux, I have nothing to do with it. So again, the question is, is there a vst instrument for making drum sounds so that you can use them that way? Or some drums kit made on CC0. I can give credit to such an author.
NewMusicaq wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 6:43 am
So again, the question is, is there a vst instrument for making drum sounds so that you can use them that way?
If you creates your own drum-sequences and do not include any factory-files at all, but only exported wave-files of your own work, then it is fine. You can use derivative work, as you like
OBS!
Be sure you understand "creative derivative work" ! That means usage of samples in new ways, or to stress it: It is NOT "creative derivative work" to record the same sample several times, and then use that!
You would have to create a rhythmic sequence, before you could use an export in an other context.
Any 'clever' hacks that would pick-out single samples from a rhythmic sequence, and let a 3. part user utilize that would ALSO be prohibited!
LMMS samples are for making music
Or some drums kit made on CC0. I can give credit to such an author.
Not that i am aware off

So what CAN you use LMMS for?
You are perfectly fine with using any not sample-related sound generator, to build new sounds. These sounds can be used as new samples as you like, also in a program or in a game.

Besides that, since you are new in Forum
Welcome NewMusicaq !
Here are all important links:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-A few rules and useful forum instructions
musikbear wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 9:35 am
NewMusicaq wrote:
So again, the question is, is there a vst instrument for making drum sounds so that you can use them that way?
If you creates your own drum-sequences and do not include any factory-files at all, but only exported wave-files of your own work, then it is fine. You can use derivative work, as you like
OBS!
Be sure you understand "creative derivative work" ! That means usage of samples in new ways, or to stress it: It is NOT "creative derivative work" to record the same sample several times, and then use that!
You would have to create a rhythmic sequence, before you could use an export in an other context.
Any 'clever' hacks that would pick-out single samples from a rhythmic sequence, and let a 3. part user utilize that would ALSO be prohibited!
LMMS samples are for making music
Or some drums kit made on CC0. I can give credit to such an author.
Not that i am aware off

So what CAN you use LMMS for?
You are perfectly fine with using any not sample-related sound generator, to build new sounds. These sounds can be used as new samples as you like, also in a program or in a game.

Besides that, since you are new in Forum
Welcome NewMusicaq !
Here are all important links:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-A few rules and useful forum instructions
Thanks for reply.
what do you mean by the rhythm sequence. I'll start with an idea. I will arrange a few sounds (preferably the same in the appropriate sequence (for example, in 1 second hihat is played right next to each other) Is this rhythmic sequence for you arranging hihats or drums next to each other in milliseconds? If so I can be. What if I add effects on drums from other programs or inside LMMS? Pace, pitch, reverb, echo. Does it also belong to derivative works? I know that if I change someone's graphic work or music a bit (even bass boosted) it is also derivative work .
NewMusicaq wrote:
Gps wrote:
No you can't.

I'm just beginning my adventure with music and I don't have any sounds or equipment for making music. The question was simple, can I use if not then I won't do it because I don't want to have problems. And I understand you can get nervous, but for what? If you're on Linux, I have nothing to do with it. So again, the question is, is there a vst instrument for making drum sounds so that you can use them that way? Or some drums kit made on CC0. I can give credit to such an author.
You said, at least that's how I understand it, that you want to take the samples from LMMS and sell them with you're app.
Gps wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 5:53 pm
NewMusicaq wrote:
Gps wrote:
No you can't.

You said, at least that's how I understand it, that you want to take the samples from LMMS and sell them with you're app.
No. I don't want to sell samples in my app. I want to create app for music maker. I wouldn't think of going into LMMS folders and looking for samples there. I would just go to LMMS and export samples. The question is now. Does giving effect to samples become a legal derivative work and can I use them in the application? If not, if I arrange the bass and drums in the editor, for example hihata side by side, can I use them like that? The full question is in the post above. I don't want to have problems or steal from samples, that's why I'm asking here. And I know that there are producers who can rob others in a similar way only in their own compositions not in applications.
NewMusicaq wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 6:03 pm
I would just go to LMMS and export samples.
Not the samples, but output from any of the INSTRUMENTS in LMMS would be fine.
and here is the fact, that if you work a bit with the sounds, and settings og filters and Envelopes, you can create any and all kind of percussion-sounds with for instance Tripple-OSC!
That would be creative legal derivative work!
The exports you then creates as loops, and those are perfectly fine to use in your android-app
BUT YOU CANT USE ANYTHING PRE-RECORDED
If it exists as a soundfile, then its off limits and Illegal to be used in the fashion you intend!
Because you intend to use the sounds from sound-files to let a third-part create new content, then your intended usage are not included in fair-use!
DO UNDERSTAND THAT THIS IS NOT FOR LMMS ONLY IT IS FOR EVERYTHING ! Online or ofline samples from records CD's movies, for resell is prohibited!

Bottom line: you should only use INSTRUMENTS, then no-one can dispute your rights!
musikbear wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:20 am
NewMusicaq wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 6:03 pm
I would just go to LMMS and export samples.
Not the samples, but output from any of the INSTRUMENTS in LMMS would be fine.
and here is the fact, that if you work a bit with the sounds, and settings og filters and Envelopes, you can create any and all kind of percussion-sounds with for instance Tripple-OSC!
That would be creative legal derivative work!
The exports you then creates as loops, and those are perfectly fine to use in your android-app
BUT YOU CANT USE ANYTHING PRE-RECORDED
If it exists as a soundfile, then its off limits and Illegal to be used in the fashion you intend!
Because you intend to use the sounds from sound-files to let a third-part create new content, then your intended usage are not included in fair-use!
DO UNDERSTAND THAT THIS IS NOT FOR LMMS ONLY IT IS FOR EVERYTHING ! Online or ofline samples from records CD's movies, for resell is prohibited!

Bottom line: you should only use INSTRUMENTS, then no-one can dispute your rights!
Hi
I I add effects (reeverb, echo) or set 3 hihats in bass and kick editor Can I use It?
If I use samples in music, Have I full Copyrights?
So you want copy right on something you did not create ? :x

Let me make this simple for you, it seems you need it.
You can't make you're own program, use stuff from LMMS and then sell it.