Sometimes having to work for something provides the best learning experience. However, IMHO, it would be a good idea to place a link to the SourceForge LMMS site's Tutorials section:

http://lmms.sourceforge.net/lsp/index.p ... =Tutorials.

I wonder if this part of the LMMS website is underused? It would be good to have this link somewhere prominent on the site so people can get started right away without having to sift through the site to get to it.

There are a number of tutorials to be found on the Web but I think some of the most simple and instructive ones can be found under the "Getting Started" section under the above link. Yure16 has made some good ones that I like and so has Bryce Coulson, many of whose tutorials can be found on his own website. Some of the other tutorials are actually just files but useful as examples once you become familiar with the program.

I find it beneficial to have some of the material repeated for my own benefit by working with a number of similar tutorials. Other times, similar tutorials cover bits of information the others have not covered.