Palm Muting with a VST Guitar

Anything that doesn't fit into other topics goes here!
Hi again...I have a question:

I'm using the 'Trash Guitar' ZynAddSubFX VST for a future song, and I would like to know...

How do you program it to get a 'palm muting' sound so that it can be useful to write heavy metal chords in LMMS? Is there a trick, or does it have to be modified, via Piano Roll? :idea:
Palm muting? Interesting.
emanthehouseboy wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 1:42 am
How to get a 'palm muting' sound
As with almost every 'get a sound' situation, that is a question answered with filters and EQing.
However it will not be easy..
What you should do, is to get a good clean sample of the sound you want, then analyse that in a wave-analyser like SPAN or similar -BC-analyser is also good.
Then 'all' you need is to filter and eq the current output, so it emulates the wave-spectrum..
Since Brandy thinks this is 'interesting' maybe hr will try too :p
It's not that simple, huh? The reason I asked is because I recently used some usb guitar cables to record some guitar tracks, via thru other DAW.. However, there were some latency issues with it, but I was able to palm mute perfectly just to test and hear how it would sound.

Perhaps a small tutorial would help; nonetheless, I'm still happy with mastering the simple hard rock chords on LMMS. Thanks anyway. ;)
emanthehouseboy wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:10 pm
Perhaps a small tutorial would help
I can try.. Im not sure i can swing it -though... :|
I have made tutorial on how to make hard rock guitars:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2mIXXVAWgU&t=75s
Maybe that can also be for you?
@musikbear, that'll work a bit better...I'll have a watch and practice to see if it works out. Thanks again!
Hi! Great news...

I figured out a way to get the palm-muting sound--via, the Piano Roll of the VST.

For instance, if I play a 'C5' power chord, then it's best to go down two octaves to the lowest 'C' note, followed by two notes, separate or chromatic. That's it! I got it now...thanks again :D