Do you consider yourself addicted to the internet?

Anything that doesn't fit into other topics goes here!
We all know that technology helps us a lot to compose and do other things, but do you consider yourself addicted to the internet or not?
Me? Nah! The force is strong with this one. ;)
I probably am. I'm on it constantly in my free time, even if there's something else I'd rather be doing. Youtube especially.

I read an article years ago on information addiction... for some people it's social media, for some it's news sites, or comedy sites, youtube, whatever. The article talked about how our brains crave stimuli, and since the internet is basically a never-ending flow of that it's pretty easy to become addicted to one form of information or another. Those "top whatever list" articles are made specifically to take advantage of that. Not to mention algorithm-selected recommendations. It's all designed to keep you engaged and consuming. Anyway, I wish I could find that article again (I think it was on Cracked or something... I spent a lot of time on Cracked in its heyday), it was pretty interesting. Being addicted to information is one of those things you don't necessarily realize is happening unless you can take a step back and really look at how you're spending your time. Like any habit, it takes a lot of effort to break out of the loop.

Sorry for the rant. I think I needed that.
Barretoproducer wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 4:47 pm
We all know that technology helps us a lot to compose and do other things, but do you consider yourself addicted to the internet or not?
Hey amigo (:
Hum.. No. just in need of using Internet every day because everything I do is connected to it. We all know that in music now. Even those who make LIVE music with real instruments need Internet at a moment... So, no, not addict, but in need on a daily basis.

Peace ! <3
Barretoproducer wrote:
Just because I lay in a corner and twitch when I don't have access, that doesn't mean I'm an addict.
Hey, guys. Frankly speaking, I'm old human, but likely for me, the internet have appeared in my life. My son made me friend with the internet, because, although the thought of using the internet may be intimidating to older people, it can also provide great opportunities. The internet can allow older people to become more connected to their friends and family using email, social media or skype. Moreover, I recommend to my friends, who are afraid of it, read the article on usave, which change their minds. How do you think, do the old people need the internet?
Barretoproducer wrote:
Ye probably lol
Absolutely :) I spend on the average about 10-12 hours working at my computer daily :)
I rarely spend my time on the Internet, but my kids are ready to spend day and night online. Therefore I decided to install free android keylogger to control Internet activity and activity in social networks
Now the work is relevant online. Many people have found their jobs online and so earn.