Lucas here!

Anything that doesn't fit into other topics goes here!
Hello! This is my first post. I've known LMMS for a while, but haven't been very constant with it and now I've been looking at it more seriously, so I decided to come and register here :) After several minutes trying to defeat "the avatar challenge" (find a way to set up an image no smaller than 50x50 that takes up less than 1K), I finally got something. Not super nice, but I'll manage to do something better soon. I'm not complaining! As I say, it feels like an interesting challenge :P

So... I love old video games, mostly DOS and NES and how their music can be really good even with really old hardware and low quality. I wonder how far I can get with a current computer making music. I'm currently in the process of experimenting.

Anyway, that is me. Now I'll start reading as much as I can in the forum to get to know you guys better!
Welcome to the forum.
xlucas wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:10 am
Hello! This is my first post.
Hi, Welcome to the Forum xlucas !
Here are all important links:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-A few rules and useful forum instructions
Welcome to the lmms forum xlucas.

xlucas wrote:
After several minutes trying to defeat "the avatar challenge" (find a way to set up an image no smaller than 50x50 that takes up less than 1K), I finally got something. Not super nice, but I'll manage to do something better soon. I'm not complaining! As I say, it feels like an interesting challenge :P
Good to see you got through.

xlucas wrote:
So... I love old video games, mostly DOS and NES and how their music can be really good even with really old hardware and low quality. I wonder how far I can get with a current computer making music. I'm currently in the process of experimenting.

Anyway, that is me. Now I'll start reading as much as I can in the forum to get to know you guys better!
DOS and NES Chiptune music?
Check out the sfxr, nescaline, bit invader and freeboy plugins, that are included in lmms, for that type of music. Those plugins make those old school game sounds.
Yes, I definitely love those plugins. Still, I need a lot of practice. Even knowing what to do, my tunes still don't sound that good.