Why lmms?

Anything that doesn't fit into other topics goes here!
Long time I thought I have to pay for FL-Studio, Renoise or Magix Music Maker. One evening I had the idea there could be a open source free software for music production. So I found LMMS. Now I only use LMMS for making music. I use Audacity for making radio. I am very happy that LMMS exists, I dont want to use FL-Studio.
I know some guys using cracked version of FL-Studio. I can not imagine that you have sucess using illegal software.
At all, I am happy that free software exists. GIMP, LMMS, Audacity, Open Office, MyPaint, Trelby. I only use free software for being creative.
Hey, sorry for the delayed reply!
musikbear wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 7:32 pm
In a similar vein, the meters in the LMMS mixer show green, yellow and red. There's no numbered scale.
Do you need numbers? Please explain why, Your input can help improve the software

I don't have the highest quality headphones, I don't have studio monitors, and I'm almost never working in an acoustically treated space. Because I don't have an ideal space for mixing (low background noise), I prefer to go by numbers. It's especially helpful when I export my stems for mixing because when I gain stage them again, I can precisely see how much headroom I'm leaving.
I choose LMMS why?
I wanted to make music & Having this daw has really made me exercise my mind problem solving & so on...
when you take time to learn it’s pretty great. I’m starting a channel & I will cover LMMS in a honorable way we’re it’s easy to be like wow I can do this. LMMS has so much potential in the future I wanna update the next version myself.
LMMS’s motto is "If you want a better DAW do it yourself”.
It’s a good business investment.
I do music & I run the old version the one before this last one on an old Mac. I made some pretty good heat of it I might say. I don’t like the new update look.
^o^ wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:24 am
. I don’t like the new update look.
Sorry to hear that. You can change the 'look' of lmms with a theme, so you can still get the newest and most advanced, but then just change theme to one that pleases you more
Our support of MAC is ..well underwhelming. Many of the best features does yet not work in MAC, i hust felt i chould mention it, because LMMS can run on very limited HW, and many has an old winPC 'somewhere'
3 GB of RAM is all you need :)

Besides that, since you are new in Forum
Welcome ^o^!
Here are all important links:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-A few rules and useful forum instructions