LMMS Manual

Anything that doesn't fit into other topics goes here!
I have Linux Mint 19.1
I installed LMMS
It is version 1.1.3 I believe
Is this the latest version of LMMS for Linux ?
What is the latest Manual Version for my system ?
Is the Manual Inside LMMS ?
akak wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:50 pm
Linux Mint 19.1 + LMMS 1.1.3
Is this the latest version of LMMS for Linux ?
No! 1.1.3 is very outdated!
You can get 1.2.1 AppImage for Linux:
https://lmms.io/download#linux
Back your own stuff up before you uninstall old 1.1.3
What is the latest Manual Version for my system ?
Current manual is not for 'a system' it is valid for all, but some features will be described OS-dependant -Like WINE in Linux.
https://lmms.io/wiki/index.php?title=Manual
Is the Manual Inside LMMS ?
No, its the link i gave you :)
I installed it through the terminal but it is the same 1.1.3 version.
How do I update it to the 1.2.1 version, Through the Terminal ? Thanks.
I tried to download it through your link but when I went into my Software Manager, it showed the old version and the 1.2.1 version but this version says (Flathub).
When I installed Audacity with the Flathub version, I had Incredible Problems and the Audacity Forum told me Not to use it, instead install an earlier version and Everything is OK.
I am worried about installing the Lmms Flathub version for my Linux Mint 19.1 system.
What do you suggest?
Ubuntu isn't getting lmms-1.2.1 until next release 20.04 . That package may work in older versions of ubuntu/linuxmint. I haven't seen unofficial packages. People run the AppImage or compile from source if their repository version is too old.
The AppImage version is working fine for me. openSUSE (Tumbleweed).

You probably wanna turn off in the settings, plug in embed, if you use vst.

Another solution would be to talk to you're package maintainers.
I did this for openSUSE, and now have LMMS 1.2.1 with Vestige working from the official opensuse repositories.

I also still have the AppImage version at hand though.
akak wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 6:16 pm
What do you suggest?
AppImage, but mostly because that is the only one i know :p ( -And the 'from-source' one, of cause for development, but thats a different story)
Basically i am not knowledgable in Linux. I only have a mint in a VBox guest inside my win10, and i am up to this point- not a fan. Even chokingly simple things, like getting access to an usb-drive.. No says Mint.
So both Zonk and GPS are way more knowledgable in Linux, so listen to both :p
Appimage is the way to go for all linux disteos. I dont know about audacitys one but the lmms appimage is fine for lmms.

Musikbear you must have some trouble with your setup as usb auto mount works like a charm since over a decade now on main distros, it acts normally the same way as macos or windows.
musikbear wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:35 am
I only have a mint in a VBox guest inside my win10, and i am up to this point- not a fan. Even chokingly simple things, like getting access to an usb-drive.. No says Mint.
What does Mint say ?

I wonder if its Vbox, making this hard.

Don't know about mint, but openSUSE has the option to open the file manager with GUI (like windows explorer) as root.
This is very handy if you want to copy some files to directories, were a normal user is not allowed to go.

And on Linux there are allot of places were a simple user can look, but it not allowed to do anything beyond that.
akak wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 6:16 pm
I installed it through the terminal but it is the same 1.1.3 version.
http://lmms.io/download#linux.

Download the file, set rights to executable, and click the file to start LMMS.
Sahaathyva wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 2:47 pm
Musikbear you must have some trouble with your setup as usb auto mount works like a charm since over a decade now on main distros, it acts normally the same way as macos or windows.
I DO have a huge trouble
'It' is 40 cm from my screen :P
Linux & me:

Its all extremely simple: I just need(ed) to do the footwork and spend some hours learning the basics, but i don want to...
I only have linux for one thing: Compiling LMMS code. I dont even have to build, i can add my new code-files directly to my repository, and ask for its merger into Master, then that will be build.
Linux is in fact a black-box to me. I dont need to know anything, i just use it to do one task -Compile src LMMS