Is Garageband worth it?

Anything that doesn't fit into other topics goes here!
I just bought a new MacBook Pro and I heard a lot about this "Garageband" app for music production. I have a passion for composing music and beats from my Computer so, I just want some advice on whether I should invest my time using this app or not?

Right now I am using LMMS and Audacity on my windows system but I am looking for some change.

Any suggestion would be appreciated.
Garageband is a nice daw.
But if you want, use both to make whatever songs you like.
If you are a beginner and just started your journey in music production , then you can definitely try garageband. It is super easy to use with nice user-interface and lots of mixing options and stuff.

I have been using Garageband myself for few years now on my Mac book. But lately, I have shifted to Logic Pro x. It is also a good, full-featured DAW but more advanced than Garageband.

I can't access my Macbook right now, I spilled some water on its keypad and now it is not responding and I cannot do anything due to this pandemic.

Is there any way I can use garageband or Logic Pro X on my windows 10 system?
Elliesh7 wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 3:10 pm
For Mac users, GarageBand may be the best bargain in the music production world.

Already preinstalled on your computer, GarageBand offers multitrack recording and editing of audio and MIDI. It also provides numerous virtual instruments, a loop collection, pitch and time correction, and plenty more useful and engaging features. For many hobbyists, this is enough to learn the basics and get started recording at home.

Ofcourse all of these works if you are a musical person.
Thanks!
ricky miller wrote:
Fri Apr 17, 2020 11:13 am
If you are a beginner and just started your journey in music production , then you can definitely try garageband. It is super easy to use with nice user-interface and lots of mixing options and stuff.

I have been using Garageband myself for few years now on my Mac book. But lately, I have shifted to Logic Pro x. It is also a good, full-featured DAW but more advanced than Garageband.

I can't access my Macbook right now, I spilled some water on its keypad and now it is not responding and I cannot do anything due to this pandemic.

Is there any way I can use garageband or Logic Pro X on my windows 10 system?
Thank you! You just solved my problem.

Sorry to hear about your Macbook but you can use garageband or Logic Pro X on windows by using Hackintosh. I hope you know what that is. If not then follow the steps mentioned here. But let me tell you that the experience is not nice when you do this. The performance goes down as well.
Personally, I use LMMS and Cakewalk by Bandlab (both of which are free). I tried GarageBand on a computer at the public library (I have never owned a Mac or an iPhone, and my iPad 2 is too old to run GarageBand) to see if I should invest in the hardware I would need to run it, but I find that Cakewalk and LMMS together are pretty much what I need. I still think about whether or not GarageBand would be a useful addition to my setup, but I have yet to buy an Apple product new enough to run it.

I really was not nearly as pleased with the files I created with GarageBand at the library versus the files I have created home with LMMS and Cake Walk. I didn't end up using any of the GarageBand files.

I have also recorded with Audacity and within NCH in the past. I find that Cakewalk eliminates the need for an additional piece of software just for recording.
GarageBand is a tool for recording as much as it is a tool for effects. You don't need to add effects or mix down your recordings at all. ... Yes, GarageBand is worth learning. There are many other DAW's worth learning, too, but GarageBand is a great place to start.

Best Regards
Roger Harrison, developer of poshmark pro tools and cloud lover