Anybody know a good vinyl effect?

Anything that doesn't fit into other topics goes here!
Last time I tried the one that comes with LMMS it was broken. Then I tried using iZotope, which worked until I switched computers and now it doesn't register for some reason. Why is this effect so elusive??
VST4FREE has a couple. They're in the Lo-fi section. I don't know if they're any good.
Foggy wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 1:15 am
Last time I tried the one that comes with LMMS it was broken. Then I tried using iZotope, which worked until I switched computers and now it doesn't register for some reason. Why is this effect so elusive??
is it the effect of
* DJ-scratching
Then you can do like this : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYZYjwwZuDM
* Old record turning,
then .. what wrong with LADSPA vyNil ?
musikbear wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 4:41 pm
Yeah it was that one. Last time I used it, the pops and scratches would erupt in massive, earsplitting distortion for no reason.
Foggy wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 1:45 am
musikbear wrote:
Yeah it was that one. Last time I used it, the pops and scratches would erupt in massive, earsplitting distortion for no reason.
Its fixed i think. i tried it yesterday on 1.2.1 and it did what it should
musikbear wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 4:51 pm
Foggy wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 1:45 am
musikbear wrote:
Oh okay. Well, thanks! I'll give it another shot then.
musikbear wrote:
Nope, tried it again and got nearly the same thing. The only difference is it's gone from massive distortion to square wave beeping.
Foggy wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 4:02 am
musikbear wrote:
Nope, tried it again and got nearly the same thing. The only difference is it's gone from massive distortion to square wave beeping.
Foggy wrote:
musikbear wrote:
That is odd....
What pluin did you get this distortion with -is it native lmms? I had no issue with either VST (MDA-piano) or 3OC -just crackle. Must be on/off swithced though
musikbear wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 5:26 pm
Foggy wrote:
musikbear wrote:
That is odd....
What pluin did you get this distortion with -is it native lmms? I had no issue with either VST (MDA-piano) or 3OC -just crackle. Must be on/off swithced though
I used "ViNyl (Vinyl Effect)". It's listed as a LADSPA plugin, and I'm pretty sure it's native. Funny... I tried using it again just now and couldn't replicate the problem. The only difference from when I tried using it last night is that I also had the iZotope vinyl vst effect in the effects chain (which I also got to work today, I figured out what I was doing wrong). I had that turned off for the experiment though.

I don't know. I guess my problem is solved. It's just kinda weird.