LMMS: an AWS in 2020 without a basic drumkit? Why?

Anything that doesn't fit into other topics goes here!
I have a problem and I am wondering if anyone from the LMMS development team can answer.
First: LMMS is an open source platform, yes?
Second: It is 2020 yes?
1. I don' t know of a single AWS that doesn't port a basic DRUMKIT. No one should need to use any other software on any platform out of the box just to be able to make a simple beat as long as there is a bass, snare, HH, crash and tom. What use is a kick (i.e. kicker) without the rest of the drum-set?
2. Automatic updates
3. And of course lastly, VSTs. I use Linux because I don't use Windows; I don't use Wine because I DON'T USE WINDOWS! and also since I don't want or need all the extra software on a Linux box that could get borked because of doing or attempting to do "Windows-like things" in it. I understand that is no fault of LMMS developers; but is unacceptable to me that LMMS hasn't yet at least ported a decent basic drumkit, otherwise that FOSS developers haven't bothered to resolve the issue of most VSTs being Win-only.
And please don't refer me to this or that site or list of VST's that 'work' in LMMS because they don't, and those that do aren't what everyone needs.
wa wa what? there are some drum samples included with LMMS by default, you just need to start clicking the side panel (left)

what do you mean by "automatic updates"?

if you want to suggest something, do it! But don't come up with this confusing hater post
I'm asking a development question NOT an end user question.
There are NO usable drum samples in LMMS other than a single kit tied to ZynaddsybFX that can NOT be used without a plugin or extra software or hardware. THAT is the question/suggestion.
I mean 'check for updates" and update without downloading a new version.
Otherwise I didn't ask for an opinion about my question/suggestion; how you feel about it is your business and if you don't like it you don't have to respond.
awran wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 3:09 am
There are NO usable drum samples in LMMS other than a single kit tied to ZynaddsybFX that can be used without a plugin or extra software or hardware. THAT is the question/suggestion.
Otherwise I didn't ask for an opinion about my question/suggestion; how you feel about it is your business and if you don't like it you don't have to respond.
ok, sry for trying to help
awran wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 3:09 am
There are NO usable drum samples in LMMS other than a single kit tied to ZynaddsybFX that can NOT be used without a plugin or extra software or hardware. THAT is the question/suggestion.
I don't like you're attitude, when somebody is trying to help you. :(

Furthermore you're statement is false, lmms comes with drums. How about you read the fucking manual?

If you don't wanna use wine, you can't use VST on Linux it's that simple.

So install wine or don't use vst.
@awran Calm down.

We do ship samples. You don't see them in your installation or you don't like the ones we ship?
If it's the first case then you may be using Fedora Linux or some derivative. They and probably some other distributins ship LMMS without samples and that is actually something we can't easily do anything about.
awran wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 1:24 am
First: LMMS is an open source platform, yes?
Yes
Second: It is 2020 yes?
is
1. I don' t know of a single AWS that doesn't port a basic DRUMKIT.

You know lmms. There is non.
We also btw support drumsynth, and you can import .ds files in lmms
2. Automatic updates
What about them?
I use Linux
I don't use Wine

Then you exclude yourself from using VST.
And please don't refer me to this or that site or list of VST's that 'work' in LMMS because they don't, and those that do aren't what everyone needs.
Wouldent dream of it

Look..
Your attitude is antagonistic and aggressive
Your reply to one of our users are plainly insulting.
That goes very badly here!
LMMS is free, there are no ties, or any 'we must do' If we want to use WINE thats IT
You do not like WINE and do not like missing a drumkit?
You do not have to use lmms.
There are not going to be any major change in the foreseeing time in either aspect.
you can use carla if you want to run vsts without installing wine, but the automation support for carla is not yet implemented (but coming in future releases)
ektod wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 10:58 pm
you can use carla if you want to run vsts without installing wine, but the automation support for carla is not yet implemented (but coming in future releases)
I like to add something to this.

This is true for Linux vst ( .so ? ) , vst compiled for Linux, not for windows vst (.dll files)

If you want Carla to load windows vst, it also needs wine.
Just use samples. You don't like the ones that comes with LMMS? Download others. There's really nothing else to say.

If you don't have time to download sample, i can't see how you wanna make music.

Imo you didn't even saw the drums samples that comes with LMMS, and that can be easily used in the B&B Editor. Just watch some tutorials, if you want other type of drumkit, use wine for VSTs.
It's funny how you say that every DAW has drumkits, but the only daw available for linux are LMMS, Ardour and Bitwig (and some other unknown). And the only one that has drumkits is probably Bitwig (and i'm not even sure of this), but you have to pay 379 bucks for it. If you think it's worth a drumkit instead of just using samples, there you can just change platform.

P.S: I just checked and Bitwig doens't have a drumkit plugin. Anyway i don't get your vision of a DAW (also it's DAW=Digital Audio Workstation, not AWS)