A huge thank you to the devs!

Anything that doesn't fit into other topics goes here!
Devs and friends, I'm feeling very, very grateful to you all right now. So I'm going to write a text wall of gratitude.

I was scanning the forum earlier and saw that there is a quite a bit of negativity and criticism. While some of the criticism is warranted, I think there is a widespread tendency to take this platform for granted, especially considering the nature of its development and distribution. LMMS is the very definition of a passion project, yet it has utterly exceeded my expectations in every way.

Due to my life decisions, I stopped all musical pursuits many years ago. I was told by family and friends that I would need to set aside the unimportant things in my life to pursue a career and be productive. Feeling that there was truth to this, I did just that. I ceased my piano improv, I ceased my involvement in community music events, I ceased my role in a band. I ceased to write and perform music completely.

About a year ago, in the midst of an existential crisis, I decided to bring back music into my life. I began to pursue a childhood dream. I have always loved the evocative, innovative music in video games, and decided to begin writing my music again with that aim in mind. I kept my expectations low, knowing how rusty I had become and that I'm not as young as I used to be. I was flat broke (in heavy debt, actually), and LMMS seemed to be the best DAW option I could find that fit my budget ($0).

I practiced daily, writing for dozens of hours per week on top of my 50+ hour work schedule. I began to post my work on the Sharing Platform for feedback, and a few of you gave me encouragement. It's hard to overstate just how much motivation that positive feedback gave me, so thank you to everyone who engaged with me and continue to do so. I began to post stuff on Soundcloud, then started sharing some of my work on Reddit and other forums. After several months, I began to see some interest from video game developers. Fast forward to today and I am now working on a paid commission project, with more projects waiting after completion! I never expected this to go so far, and none of it would have been possible without the existence of LMMS.

The program is very easy to learn! The interface is intuitive and the VST support is vast. LMMS is very lightweight and the stock plugins (which are varied and powerful, looking at you, Zyn) can be used on ancient hardware without any trouble. I'm certain that this has enabled a huge amount of music production across the world that otherwise would never have occurred.
I plan to give a large donation out of the proceeds of my projects, because I think the devs certainly deserve recognition and high praise for their work. Your efforts have made my life better, given it more meaning and fulfillment, and have enabled me to reach a dream I recently thought nearly impossible. I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels this way.

Thank you again for everything you do!
Thanks! :D
Great post :)

I just got email from github, and that put a big smile on my face.
A new feature my heroes (the devs) are working on.

Something that I was missing, after seeing people using other daw.

When will it be done? I don't know, but I am looking forward to it and we will have to just wait and see.

Humanisation is coming to LMMS.

I can see myself putting out one funky beat after another :P

I also like the new equalizer.

So a big thank you, from me too.
Thank you from me also.

Although i have not posted much of my music on here, i have created about 20 tracks so far with it.

And i feel there is much much more to be created between Zasfx and Synth1 alone!

I will echo what was said above though, finding enough time is difficult without feeling like i am sacrificing other things (Nature, Family, etc)

Thank you to all that make this software what it is and will be.

An old Irish saying for you,

May you be in heaven a half hour before the Devil knows your dead
my respect for you producer life is hard and false people but lmms have taught me that there will always be people willing to improve thanks lmms