¿What is the most powerful synth in LMMS? (except Zyn)

Anything that doesn't fit into other topics goes here!
- Hello, i recently got more spare time (covid-19) so i have been learning more stuff about LMMS and general sound synthesis.

- Now that i think i have mastered Triple Oscillator, i want to keep going forward and move to the next "general purpose" synth. Since i think LMMS will include the new zyn-fusion interface for zynaddsubfx sooner or later, i think it's not a good idea to spend "...absurd time learning zyn's current UI".

- I am not sure what should be the next step, i think there are only 3 synths better than Triple Oscillator in LMMS and they are:

a) Watsyn (you can draw your waveforms)
b) SID (it has envelopes for all the oscillators)
c) Monstro (This is one is weird and complex)

- ¿Can you give me a hint about what should be the order i go through them? i want to go step by step
ektod wrote:
Sat May 09, 2020 3:30 am
- ¿Can you give me a hint about what should be the order i go through them? i want to go step by step
Monstro is the most complicated, and the one with most options and features, but you should not forget Opulenz
musikbear wrote:
Sat May 09, 2020 3:46 pm
Monstro is the most complicated, and the one with most options and features, but you should not forget Opulenz
- Thanks for the answer, i think i will start with SID and Monstro will be the last one, and yes it is very complex. For example i don't get to understand what is the first oscillator for if you can't change the waveform.

- Also i think TripleOscillator is more capable than OpulenZ.

PD: Have you realized i quoted you in the first post?
ektod wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 3:17 am
PD: Have you realized i quoted you in the first post?
Noo.. :p