3 Scams That Target Musicians

Anything that doesn't fit into other topics goes here!
I fell over this on yT.
Even though it mostly is aimed at US marked, and law, i think he has some really insightful point of view, especially in regards to paying 'someone' in order for them to get your music played. That one is quite general, i think.
He also names some (US) companies that you should be weary about, and that is also good to know
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLEQ2Ye8Yvw
musikbear wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 1:47 am
I fell over this on yT.
Even though it mostly is aimed at US marked, and law, i think he has some really insightful point of view, especially in regards to paying 'someone' in order for them to get your music played. That one is quite general, i think.
He also names some (US) companies that you should be weary about, and that is also good to know
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLEQ2Ye8Yvw
Thanks for linking us to that vid musikbear.
I watched it this afternoon. Interesting topic.

But I have to agree with some of the people, posting in the youtube comments section. Most of the things he speaks about, are more what you'll hear, happening in the US or merry old England, well merry new England, and possibly a few places elsewhere.

If it were anywhere else or where I'm situated, that could have turned out kinda bad for the scammer(s), even if the scammer(s), is a major recording company. But the good thing about that vid, is that it gives us a good look, at the craziness that goes on in the music industry, especially in the US and even in some other countries too. It's a good lesson to us indie musicians to think twice, before signing contracts or record deals, with US and non US recording companies, and individuals that are supposedly linked to them etc. Even if they are situated, in our own home countries.

I will admit, that vid was really useful and interesting.
Dang scammers.
I would like to add one more.

Big name audio companies and youtube personalities, that convince and make you buy tons of useless stuff for making music, only to realise months later, you didn't need all of that fancy merchandise to make or record a song. People especially newbie musicians, fall for this scam all of the time. Lol!